Can someone help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Getting really strange sensations in left leg started like cramping at night now I'm getting like a dead leg feeling. I'm worried I have a blood clot but my blood test has come bk normal what could this be

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Bev,

Could be nerve pain . Do you have bulging disc?? If you do that can cause sciatica which will give you leg pain more so than back pain. Have you had MRI ??

Take care

Jackie

• Posted

No haven't done mri yet. Can u get sciatica without back ache I've never had pain like this

• Posted

I have confirmed bulging disc and never had any back pain, just awful calf pain and dull ache in buttock.
    • Posted

Did they think it was a dvt? My Drs are useless they don't know what it is. I'm worried it's a dvt. How did they know it about bulging disks?

• Posted

If it was a clot there would normally  be swelling. The Docs would normally do the standard test for sciatica...bending forwards, backwards, twisting, straight leg elevation angle whilst on back etc... the blood test would have been to rule anything else out.

MRI at 12 weeks confirmed disk bulge at L4 L5 pressing on nerve.

Make sure you drink plenty of fluids, dehydration can cause cramping.

• Posted

Hello Bev,

I would go see primary doctor and get MRI or try physical therapy. You can have more leg pain than back pain if you have sciatica . Take care let use know how your doing.

Jackie

• Posted

It could be a pinched nerve.  Also, if your on any statin medications for cholesterol they have been reported to cause cramping at night.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.