Can someone help me

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 19 yr old femal.I've recently had my CBC done and my results are

Haemoglobin 12.4gm%(normal range 11-16)

Monocytes 0% (normal range 2-8%)

MCV 77.6fl (normal range 80-96)

MCH 25.8 pg (normal range 27-33)

Can i be having microcytic anaemia?

And i am also suffering from polycystic ovarian disease... Can someone please explain my report??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you asked your doctor to explain it to you. That is what he is paid for. As I have no medical training I have no idea what mycrocytic anaemia is, but presume it is uncommon as I have never heard if it. You must see your doctor.
    • Posted

Yes i've shown my report to multiple doctors..some said it is normal and some said i might be suffering from iron deficient anaemia...but i dont know why i cant seem to believe any of them...my mother is anaemic and my elder sister is also suffering from thalassemia...i dont know what to do

• Posted

Your few bit out of range values of full blood count parameters are very common finding in menstruating women.

(These values are snippets of a full blood count and I guess, the other values are completely within range.)

Your red blood cells are small, most likely due to not getting enough iron, but the number of red blood cells in total seem pushing up the total hemoglobin into a level of not being able to call it anaemia yet.

So yes, the cells are smaller (mine too btw) which is the 'micro' part 'cytic' for cell, but anaemia is not officially diagnosed with a normal total haemoglobin level.

It does not hit the black and white criteria.

Monocytes (one type of white blood cells) can be 0% in a differentiating white blood count. Usually if Eosinophils are high, it's more an allergic reaction, if Lymphocytes or Neutrophiles are high can indicate a bac or viral infection depending on stage. If you redo the test, Monocytes might be found as they are (like basophils) quite rare. (baso often 0 too). Doesn't make anything 'bad' in the white blood count at all. Is fine. (We had the range therefore for monocytes starting from 0%-9% btw in a differential white blood count. Important would be a RISE in monocytes.)

IMPORTANT would have been an iron status, including the storage iron FERRITIN.

If Ferritin was low, and red blood count not really showing an anaemia by criteria as yours doesn't, you can be very tired and need to get some iron from the pharmacy, to simply feel better. 

Plus VitC.

All the best!

• Posted

Thank you so much..now i can understand what has happened to my body..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.