Can someone help me out with what this is? Is it a rash? Is it acne?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm not sure how to put a photo on so il just explain, im 18 years old and a female, I went on holidays this year in may for 2 weeks in cyprus, had no problems there, when I came home, I had just a spot! On my left side under my nose above my lip, I popped it and it was fine, went to college, the next day I woke up and this spot had spread and bubbled up?it was tingling and itchy it felt like a coldsore but it wasn't, I went to out of hours who thought it was impatigo and gave me fucidin (which I was stupid and didn't read the label and used it when ever I felt like and blobbed it on I now know your only ment to use it 2 times a day and a thin amount) this got rid of the swelling and yellowness and It almost went, I stopped using it as I thought it was gone then a few days later it came back but just as a red rash with small red spots in it and sometimes the spots fade and it's jusg a red dry patch? It's sometimes itchy And through the past 4 months It has gone big small big small all through 1 week, it could be hardly any there one day then worse the next? Or I could wake up with it mild and by the might time it's all red again and bigger, it's spread from the left to the right side to now I was also prescribed acne cream(duac, which I also didn't read and used it when ever I felt like when it was meant to be once a day) because one docter thought it was acne as by this point it was bits on my chin first it made me chin worse and go like a rash like the rest, it then cleared my chin when I stopped using it, but made the bits under my nose worse, I've tried to cut out certain foods to see if it's rhat then I came across perioral dermatitis! This is alot like mine but mine is milder, but I'm just starting my first job and I would realy like to get rid of this for final as it's been here for 4 months and I've been crying every day because of it, it's making me not want to be around my boyfreind because I'm afraid he will think I'm ugly and I dnt want to go on holidays he wants to book one but I'm to embaressed to go around with no makup, i now use nothing at all on my face ive cut out all floride and sulfate from my products just incase, I've never suffered from acne or any skin allergy or rash before so I could do with some help! Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, to get more relevant advise it would be helpful to include a close up picture of the affected skin area.

To upload an image you have to click on the icon on the top right just above the text input field, next to the icons showing 'B', 'i' and and 'smile'.

• Posted

Hello is this only on certain phones because I can't find it anywhere!

• Posted

After viewing the page on a tablet I understand what you mean. The icons I mentioned above seem to be missing from the the 'mobile' site. If your browser has the option (in settings) then you can tick the box saying 'Request desktop site'. Then the photo upload icon will appear. Alternatively, you could use a desktop computer.  

• Posted

need to see picture really but Zinc is good for red skin I use sudocrem just a thin layer overnight then moisturise as it can be drying. I use coconut oil,she butter or emulsifying ointment as moisturiser ,Hope this helps good luck x
    • Posted

Is this only on certain phones? I can't seem to find it anywhere, I've been given antibiotics as they think Impatigo has caused it , but I would like more natural ways to help incase it comes back! Ah wish I could upload a photo! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.