Can someone help me please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I'm 33 years old and I just had my heart zapped this week. I never knew I was born with heart problems. Can someone please tell me what some of the symptoms are if I'm not feeling right after two days thank you.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

HI Elizabeth, did they say it was AF or something else and have you had any symptoms?
    • Posted

I have the other kind of heart problems. In January it was beating at 172 a beat. I never knew I had any problems till than. I don't know when my heart is beating really fast.
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth, you can get a fast beat, irregular beats, all sorts of strange things going on but you can usually tell when it beats so fast you can feel it quite noticeably and did they provide you with beta blockers to slow it down such as Bisprolol? Sometimes you can go for years without it happening again but sometimes it comes back again soon after. Are you on medication or just observation and regular check ups?
    • Posted

I'm the kind of person that can't feel it when it beats fast. I don't even known what the heck the block thing is
    • Posted

Hi again, the Beta Blockers slow you heart rate down so it has chance to get back into a normal rythm and stop it going so fast. Do you feel giddy and breathless at times and like there is a lot of pressure in your head as your blood pressure rises significantly with such a fast beat?

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth

As Mazie says, if you can, could you say which procedure you had? Was it an EP study or did they just get your heart back into a regular rythm or was it something else? Also, hae they given you any medication for it?

Wishing you all the best

• Posted

They had to go and zap my heart so I can breath better. I'm not sure what is it called but it had tacky in it. I just want to know what the symptoms are since I don't know when my heart is beating fast or not.
    • Posted

I'm seeing so many heart doctors. I've had to wear a 24hour heart monitor. Also I just want to know what the symptoms are after I had my heart zapped if I'm not feeling well. I didn't sleep last night at all.
    • Posted

Hi, the 24 hour heart monitor is a normal procedure to see if your heart beat changes at certain times. Mine goes very fast when I am asleep which might be why you are not sleeping as mine does keep me awake in the night. How else do you feel unwell?
  • Posted

Hi again (!)

I also didn't 'feel' or know that my heart was beating too quickly - it was only when I was dizzy and felt it hard to breathe that I knew something wasn't right 

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth you may have SVT. superventricular tachycardia. Look it up. There are some easy ways to stop it like the valsala maneuver. you should go to your regular Dr and get explanation s about what you have. Once You have the knowledge you can deal with it. good luck and hang in there.
    • Posted

I just had my heart zapped on Wednesday. I've to call for a follow up. Is it normal to have a little bit of pain on my left side of my chest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.