Can someone help me please

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, I am new here, I wonder if anyone can help me, I had a blood test my thyroid is showing over active, I have had a raised reading before but never needed treatment, I have also had a biopsy taken from my thyroid a few year ago as it has Benin lumps on it, for the last couple of months I have been feeling really unwell very tired dry eyes, my heart gets a bit fluttery from time to time, I also get hot flashes, my dr has asked for more bloods at the beginning of November, I just would like to know do my symptoms sound familiar I feel constantly unwell like I have a virus, I would be most interested to know what you think, thanks for reading this

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jill. Did you discuss your condition/symptoms with your doctor? What are your test numbers? We need more info so we may be able to help.
    • Posted

Hi Mike, sorry no numbers yet, I think what I was really asking was do my symptoms sound familiar, to help you understand I have another health issue going on but I am fairly convinced the way I am feeling is due to my thyroid 
  • Posted

JILL .. if all you need to know is  ... are your symptoms typical HYPERThyroid symptoms ... then given what you've described the answer would need to be ..

. a Yes !  

But you have only given a small number of symptoms ... and believe me there are many many symptoms of  HYPERThyroid disease.

To clarify things for yourself it's imperative you have the new set of bloods tested ..in November as you said .... sooner the better 

And from there , post the  results back on here in a new heading drawing attention to Your problem ...and request  advice .

Put all of the figures down including figures in brackets as they are the ranges the lab uses 

To determine where you are on the scale .

Many people here have access to your posting and will help you by giving their experiences and advice on what to do next .

Why don't you make a start by Googling .. HYPERThyroid symptoms  ...  and see the enormous list of symptoms there are   .. and write down all those that you can Associate your ill health with 

Then take that list with you to your doctor when you go for Blood tests .

I always have bloods done on an empty stomach having fasted from midnight ( or dinner ) the previous night to give a better, clearer reading .

Best of luck

Luv mx🌹

• Posted

Hi mike thank you so much, that really helps me 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.