Can someone help me please LUMPS ON BREAST

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have no idea what this is, ive had it for a few months. I know i should go to the doctor and should have sooner but i am terrified. The bumps are hard and the center of my nipple is black. it does hurt sometimes but not often. Has anyone experienced anything like this, or know what it might be? Please share anything you know. pic attached. image

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Go to the doctor. That is the only way to resolve this and is the answer everyone will give you here. Sorry to be blunt, but this needs looking at so don't delay.

• Posted

Dear Kassy,

I am a retired Nurse Practitioner in the States and used to do breast exams in breast clinics checking for breast cancer.

This image and your description looks like a type of breast cancer called Paget's Disease that canbe treatable . You need to call your doctor/GYN today for an appointment STAT!

My identical twin and I have had breast cancer diagnosed four years ago, and we went through the surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, together and supported each other so much emotionally and morally.

I will be here for you emotionally.

May I ask where you live?

Please call today for an appointment! You will feel relieved to take an action step! Do you have anyone in your family to share this with?

May I ask your age? I am 68, and was 64, when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. You will get through this! I promise!

Please let me know when you get your appointment!

Many warm hugs!

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Thank you so much for responding. I am 25. I will be calling my doctor today. What is the treatment for this typically?

• Posted

Dear Kassy,

If you have Paget's Disease, it is treated via mastectomy, radiation, and chemotherapy, usually, depending on the severity of the cancer. You first would need a biopsy of the lesion, and mammography of both breasts. Paget's Disease is part of Intraductal Carcinoma of the Breast, which is the type of cancer I had.

As you are young, you might have a benign process going on, but my motto is, when in doubt, check it out. When a growth has been on your body for two weeks, it is time to call the physician.

Best Wishes

Warm Hugs

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Thank you so much for all your information and taking the time to respond. Youve been so kind. I have an appointment next week. One last question, from your experience do you think it could be anything else, possibly just an infection? I recently experienced a miscarriage at 16 weeks and there was some milk coming out at the time but it obviously stopped shortly after. Probably should have mentioned this earlier. Could what is happening now have anything to do with that?

• Posted

Dear Kassy,

I am so sorry about your miscarriage. It takes so much time to recover emotionally and have your hormones go back to normal.

Did the lesions appear after the miscarriage? while you were pregnant?

Yes, it makes a huge difference!

I still would not rule out the possibility of Paget's Disease, but hopefully you see a physician who takes immediate action and sends you for a mammogram and a biopsy.

Please don't get pregnant until this is sorted out.

Warm hugs to you!

Hoping for the best results for you, Kassy!

If you wish to send a private message which won't be censored by the moderators, hit the envelope below your name and send it me!

Best Wishes

Merry Juliana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.