Can someone help me with my nausea?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. I’m Madelyn and I’m 13. For over a year, I’ve felt this minor to medium nausea every night and morning, sometimes in the afternoon. There was a time in the summer when it stopped though, but as soon as I got back from vacation, I was loading up on Pepto for a week. Here are the details:

*no vomiting

*no urge to vomit

*nausea is slight or medium, only once was it severe

*causes me to lose appetite

*went home twice from school because of it

My parents have gotten sick of me waking them up in the night saying I feel nauseous. They keep saying that it’s nothing. Not once have they offered to take me to see the doctor. I have asked though. I know I havent been descriptive, so ask questions if you need to. Please help me know what’s wrong with me. I’ve had to sleep next to a pot a few times.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi madelyn218

Keep a food diary. Perhaps when on vacation you ate different food so did not feel nauseus. Keep a diary of what you eat at brekki, lunch and dinner and drinks and snacks inbetween and see if a pattern emerges with certain food or drink...best wishes......

• Posted

If Pepto makes this better then its due to gastritis.

Drink more water to neutralise your stomach acid. Full Fat milk is even better.

Are you very thin?- anorexics can get this because they stop eating and drinking.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. No, I am not thin; but I am slightly overweight.
  • Posted

Your nausea could be many different things so you should see you doctor since it has gone on for over a year.
  • Posted

Have you used ginger for this purpose? A pinch of salt with ginger before meal is very useful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.