Can someone help please fluoxetine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all me again !! I was on 40mg for a year and they worked fab I missed a few doses and ended up in withdrawal 😪 I went back to 40mg for 4 weeks will little improvements so doc upped to 60mg for 5 weeks and I couldn’t cope with side effects been back to 40mg for a week my question is will it be like starting again as the last three days have been a living nightmare with my anxiety ??? 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jessica, bear with it and keep going!! Takes time to build up in the system again , but you will get there, I had similar prob last year , the ups and downs of increasing, but I'm good now?!, xxxx

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying to me !!! So gratefull I’m hoping this will pass it has done in the past it’s awful waiting tho isn’t it xx
  • Posted

Will it effect me because I have decreased as o was only on the 60 for 5 weeks and been at my original dose for a full week now but as I say heightend anxiety the last few days 😢😢 doc says it needs to level back out and that the anxiety is normal and showing that Med is working slowly xx

• Posted

Give it a few months to see if it works like before. I found propranolol helped my anxiety.
    • Posted

I’ve come of a few times and come back to it and never had any trouble but because my anxiety is so high I keep thinking it’s not goin work this time around . I’m really tryin to stick with it 😢

• Posted

I'm on 20 MG and still have anxiety; in my 3rd week of the 20 mg dose. I sure hope it kicks in soon!  taking klonopin also to manage the anxiety.

• Posted

Aw I find it so hard with the effects but I know that it does work eventually been here loads of times ! But the anxiety is so hard at the moment if literally had a guts full of it an want to feel myself again ! 
  • Posted

yes the side effects are a bear.

I learned the hard way that when you stop it cold turkey, often the original symptoms come back in 2-3 weeks much WORSE than when you originally started.

I am working through that very thing, on my 3rd week of back on 20mg dose.

• Posted

Same as me that’s why I’m back tryin again as I missed so many doses in January then withdrawal hit me for 6 ! Went on 40mg for 4 weeks then 60mg for 5 weeks it was to much for me so I’ve been back at 40mg 9days ago , so now the doctor thinks it will take 2 weeks for the chemical balance to settle due to changes in doses 😢 40 mg always worked before so hopefully it will again ! I have severe side effects and a few seconds a day where I feel normal it’s last a few secs and bang back to anxiety so thinking it’s very , very slowly working !! The heightened anxiety is the worse at the mo and blurry gritty eyes with occasional dizziness 😢😢

• Posted

That is exactly what happened to me Ben. I quit 40mg cold turkey. Worst mistake I ever made. Tried to get back on it but it was a nightmare. Now weaning off.
    • Posted

At some point, I would like to be off it.  But that is a long way out. Right now I need to get stablized properly where I can function like a normal person

Yes jessica the anxiety is probably the worst for me. I live alone, lost my dad in Oct 2016 and I have been a mess ever since. At least in 2017 while I was on the 20mg, I did ok for the most part. But foolishly quitting cold turkey was a big mistake. 

I'm having faith in what others have said here, give it time to "build up" once again and that is the advice I will repeat.  I do feel slightly better in terms of depression but the anxiety puts me back a bit

• Posted

Hit me for six too. Beyond belief. Developed panic disorder out of nowhere plus other mental issues. Can you ask your doc if you can go up 10mg at a time? Prozac usually takes longer to work for 2nd timers but most get there in the end.
    • Posted

Aw I bet it’s harder for yourself living alone . I’ve got three children and a hubby so they keep me busy which sometimes helps . Gettin up is the hardest for me I’m full of anxiety as soon as I wake which last till late afternoon then it eases a bit in the evening. Ye I’m goin to try and see if it balances back out for me as horrid as I feel 😢😢

• Posted

I’ve come off a lot over 12 years so think it’s probably going to take time to balance for me , it’s a horrible waiting game tho 😢

• Posted

It so is Jessica, but it will get better. Just get through each day for now and keep a diary.
    • Posted

Great post dom!  Very encouraging!
    • Posted

You're welcome Ben. Good luck!

• Posted

Yes I hope so I have a few seconds where I feel me so hoping that’s the meds but the mornings are awful 😢 !! I’m having a bit of dizziness also but think that’s the tabs x

• Posted

Yes mornings are worse for me also. I usually take the 20 mg pill in the AM...........after I complete my daily wretching (nothing comes up), then I lie back in a recliner for a few minutes, try to eat some cereal then I take my prozac.

Thinking of switching to taking it at night but oddly enough, as of now, taking in AM, I usually feel better by afternoon when at work. Yesterday was an exception though, I felt restless all day, I did not take a Klonopin before coming to work as it makes me very dopey tired.  Plus have a terrible pinched nerve in left shoulder and that is causing some grief as well.

Hope we both stay the course and get better!  SOON! cheesygrin

• Posted

Yes I take my 40mg in the morning as I always have , anxiety is really bad till around 2/3 then I seem to have less anxiety in the evening it’s much less ! I feel dizzy and blurred vision is a bit bad atm also , yes I hope we both can ride it out also just feeling hopeless atm x
    • Posted

Somehow we need to stick it out. DOM put out a good link that gave me a lot of encouragement. I am nearly at the end of week 3 on getting back on 20 mg dose and so far, it is consistent with what dom posted the link to.

Like you I usually do better in the evening................weird, perhaps that is when the prozac starts to kick in?

• Posted

Yes I’m hopefull and I’ll stick it out aslong as I can for the results I usually have ! It’s just horrible I go to bed worrying about wakein up feelin crap again . Ye I think it must be at it’s best toward the evenin x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.