Can someone here pls kindly share me simple and natural tips to control blepharitis?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I feel really down and I hope someone can kindly answer me. Even having moderate myopia, but before starting blepharitis, I lived in a nice life with all day make up and contact lenses, use iPad, iPhone and drinking much coffee as I want. But, this year, I rarely wear them. First, I only have eye strain. I visited doctor. I don't know why I have eyelid inflamed. I visited doctor 2imes already (once a week). I used his eyedrops for 2weeks(opticorn n maxitrol). It just better and never clear up. So, I stop use them now. He never mentioned what kind of blepharitis do I have, he said my eye balls are ok. He don't even tell me about self care. My blepharitis started 5weeks now. I do hot compress and lid scrab 1-2times/days. I sometimes, use coconut oil, I often can see blood vessels surrounding my iris edge as well as on sclera, some mucus also come out from my eyes few times per day. I feel unwell like gritting and dry as well as after wake up. I difficult dealing with it, So these few days I feel little better by using New V.Rohto eyedrops. Now even my skin seem not well. I'm having dandurff, dry skin, itch skin often, even my face is also itch and often have red poins appear, but sometimes, it gone. I drink Royal-D in the morning and omega 3 before bedtime. I really sick of this cos Don know when will it clear up. How long will it get under control and how long I can back to contact lense again.

I feel really down now since I gain lot of weight and skin lines cos of my pregnancy, having moderate myopia that not yet stable, n high IOP (20, 19). now I cannot use any make up and contact lense even on party, I want to do reflective surgery in the future. But, I search through online and can see that blepharitis is complicated and can cause a lot of eyes problems such as dry eyes, abnormal blood vessels growth in the corneal, corneal ulcer, conjuntiva problems and else. I want to let my life go cos of this very often, but I can't cos I need to find a job some months later for my daughters' future. Now I feel I dying alive. How sad. :'(

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi my son has a similar problems with his eyelids,was on and off..believe it was an exzema type condition.he only gets it now and then now.Id sudgest a dermatologist.
  • Posted

Blepharitis can be a real problem and until you find the right treatment for yourself it may persist for a while. You say you have dandruff so for a start try using an anti dandruff shampoo,they are often connected and Lee's advice to see a dermatologist is a good one.  It can be a sign that the meibomian glands in your eyelids are either infected or are slowly drying up,causing dry eyes. This is what I have. You dont say your age but I'm guessing you may be young as you mention pregnancy and your daughters future.  

Dont wear any eye makeup until this is clear. Dont wear contact lenses. Make sure you use hydrating drops for your eyes at all times during the day...dont let your eyes start to feel dry.  I use a lubricating eye ointment at night..its thicker than the day time drops and can last quite a while.   In UK we are often told to use Johnsons baby shampoo in a very dilute solution for blepharitis. Dip a cotton bud in the solution and work over the eyelid edge but dont scrub, that can make them sore. That should loosen any crusts and the night ointment should keep them softened and should gradually clear up.

One type of dry eye can be inherited Thygersons Keratitis. Does anyone in your family have dry eyes as well as you?   I inherited this from my Mum's side but my Mum was OK. It was her sister that suffered.      

In UK refractive [laser] surgery is not undertaken for sufferers of this condition because the cornea can become thinner with little lubrication. It takes a long time to get this condition back to normal and takes perseverance. Dont rub your eyes,dont touch your eyes unless you have washed your hands first,and only use the Johnsons shampoo on or near your eyes.  Keep all makeup away from your eyes especially anything in powder form and glitter [glow] type.   Just try to keep your face clean and moisturised but nothing else,except maybe lipstick.  

This can be associated with acne Rosacea,but you need a diagnosis first. Do you have skin prone to spots?    If yes and you find they are persistent and difficult to clear you may need a 6 month dose of a special antibiotic.....thats where a dermatologist could help.    Dont despair...it sound complicated but as I have said each case is different and you need to find the routine thats right for you.

• Posted

Yes on the baby shampoo thats one of the things my son was supposed to use
    • Posted

He was early 20s when he got it,rarely gets symptoms now,thats the good news
    • Posted

Hi dear! I'm 23 years old. Thanks for ur info. I do using baby shampoo, Jonhson(orange color), but still it's here and never clear up. sad no one in my family have dry eyes. I start having it when blepharitis come. My eyes Doctor didn't mentioned about it and didn't prescribe me lubricant eyedrop at all.
    • Posted

Hi dear, how can he manage it? How long can it be manage?
    • Posted

My face have appear itch spots, some here and some gone with few hours (pls take a look at photo). I really hate how myself look now without make up and thick glasses. sad I hope for reflective surgery in the future, but now blepharitis really worse my whole life.
    • Posted

I also use anti-dandurff shampoo DS, but still... My eyes just better, but not clear up.
  • Posted

Oh dear I feel for you. It can be so debilitating.
    • Posted

Yes, dear. Now m so sad. I can stand just cos of my daughters.
    • Posted

Yes kitty we have to cope with the things we are dealt with as life goes on. O

i am unhappy with my blep but am learning to manage well

• Posted

How can manage it? How is it now? Can u pls detail ur tips here, dear?
    • Posted

Baby shampoo, like you. Eye drops morning and night. Wash hands all the time clean with coconut oil. Heat pad on daily.
    • Posted

How long can u get it under control? Are u still do this everyday now? How do u use coconut oil? Can u pls tell me, dear?
    • Posted

How many time u use it per day, dear? How long have u apply? Do u need to clean it off?
    • Posted

Morning and night and wipe off with eye pads

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.