Can someone interpret professional advice for me ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

can anyone interpret why hiv is NOT a risk this way .

as most of you know i stypidly took drugs intranasaly . long story short i got worried about hep c and hiv . i found reassurance here but i also called a help line . i was told not to worry by the hiv hep worker on the phone . who said hep c risk is so low he woudld worry and hiv risk is zero .

what is the difference is there was blood of note that i stupidly put straight into my nose to suck up ? i dont undertstand why im not at risk and some medical sites say i am ?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

did you ask for the blood test after we last spoke?

• Posted

yeah im

getting a test . i have until february though to wait. hep c especially is a 12 week window . the issue was first week in november 😦

• Posted

hep c is more transferable than hiv.

if your friends dont have hep c then the note you shared wouldnt of been contaminated. hiv cant survive long without a living host so its near impossible to catch that.

like i said before you will be completly fine. leave google alone.

• Posted

haha im

not googling i promise, im just overthinking as usual . im certainly better than i was still just nervous

• Posted

yeah i know what you mean. the over thinking is really hard to shake especially when you have already planted the what if seed😣.

seriously though dont worry about it.

you have more chance in catching ebola off a note in africa than you do catching hiv or hep c off of a rolled up tenner.

id like to know your blood results when they come through so i can glout when im right🤣.

trust me you will laugh about this one day.

• Posted

• Posted

• Posted

so now there was blood on the note? Does that person have either of those diseases?

• Posted

not that i am aware of , just wondering why it wouldnt be a risk IF there was traces of blood thats all 😃

• Posted

To get HIV you need to mix infected blood with your own blood. dried blood on a note would carry the infection. The note would literally need to be dripping in blood then enter your system via a cut. sniffing drugs enters your system via respiratory system (lungs) and your stomach both of these CANNOT pass on the HIV virus.

• Posted

dried blood wouldn't carry the infection******* sorry for the typo 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.