Can someone just hold my hand

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have anxiety almost 24/7. It's flared up more at times now that I have completed a taper of Ativan. Sometimes I am OK, and other times tearful and fearful. On another post I made,I got some replies and great tips which I am trying to implement. It's going to be a slow process.

Right now I feel so alone. I am crying in bed. I feel so scared, so sick. My head is ringing, and hurting. I am sick to my stomach, my legs hurt. I know that most of this is anxiety, despite my mind telling me it's not, that I am really sick.

I guess right now I am just looking for comforting words. Thank you!

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You will be ok trust me I and so many other have been there. If your seeing a therapist talk to them about how you feel that always helps and know that your strong and with time things do get better that's the beautiful thing about life is the same way things can get at their worse is the same way by law they can get better keep going you got this it's just a rough day been there had those a good day could be right around the corner

• Posted

Totally agree with Christophe, just hang in there and be strong. Anxiety is just a test. They are not pleasant but not dangerous, you just need to be strong. Don't give in, call your friends and hang around this forum. You will find your peace. Life is like an ocean one day you are on top the wave next day you roll with it. Try to float.

Do you do CBT(Cognitive Based Therapy) or MBCT (Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy)?

If you don't talk you doctor GP, see what they will recommend.

• Posted

it should say - If you haven't talked to your doctor, then you should, and see what they will advise?

sorry 4:30 am out here kind of messed up LOL

• Posted

Hang in there Pumpkin05, yes, it's very hard having anxiety issues, I have them too. Can be very lonely and just a tough life a lot of the time. Don't worry though, you're not alone. Anyone who reads your post can relate and are right there with you in spirit. Take it easy for now and just let some good feelings begin to return because it's going to be okay don't you worry. Take good care. Wishing you all the best. 

bytheseaside. 

• Posted

Are you on a regular medication or no? I know many people try to avoid it, but i sincerely believe that it is necessary to keep me in balance and functioning like everyone else.  I still have my moments of anxiety but I feel like the LExapro just levels the playing field for me.
  • Posted

Just know that you are not alone and we are here to support you! 

I do always recommend following up with your doctor just to get things checked out because that will give you peace of mind when your test come out OK. Keep in mind that any symptoms that are related to anxiety cannot hurt you. They feel weird and can be scary sometimes but that is all they can do. 

there are a couple things that could really help you as they did me. If there's anyway you can get a copy of a book called mindfulness that teaches you how to manage your anxiety and it's definitely worth reading.

Another thing is YouTube has so many great audio meditations for anxiety, depression, sleeping well etc. I use my earbuds and lie down to listen a couple times a day. It completely calms down my whole mind and body and they teach you how to separate negative thoughts from yourself etc.   my symptoms definitely die down or go away.

Anxiety starts in the brain and the only way to get rid of symptoms is to calm down your brain. These meditations are great for that. just do a search for meditation for anxiety or panic attack if that's what you're having.  The more you do these the more your brain will believe that everything is OK. 

it's it's important also when you are having negative thoughts or feeling anxious,  to do slow long deep breathing where you see your belly rise.. When you blow out through your mouth it should be like you're blowing out a candle. You inhale through your nose. Do this several times.  Focusing on your breathing takes you back to the present moment so you're not thinking about 100 different anxious things. 

also, try not to react with anxiety when you get the symptoms because that will create more anxiety.  That book explains all of this.

I have had the exact symptoms you have including the ringing head,  legs hurting and many more. Remember those cannot hurt you. 

also I had to learn to not take life so seriously. I had to learn to laugh and smile more even one having symptoms. Instead of becoming fearful with symptoms, I now tell myself  that I can handle this, everything will be OK and this will pass. Then I go about my life with or without symptoms. If I feel really anxious I will listen once more to the audio meditations

. You have to be relentless and fight for yourself! Don't give into the fear!  Stay as calm as possible.

Also I spoke with a counselor who really helped me a lot. This is hard to overcome alone and it always feels good to talk to someone else in person who has the tools to help you.

just to let you know, my really bad anxiety started in my 20s and I am now in my 50s and I'm still here! I had every symptom from A-to-Z and like I said they are annoying but they can't hurt you. I hardly get them  anymore because I have learned how to manage them. You can do this! 

• Posted

Thank you jan34634. I am going to look into the book and your suggestions. It's very encouraging to me that you shared your experiences. I know I have to take back my life. I am hoping to do it without meds. I have tried a few and it turned out not so good. I have a therapy appointment in a few days, and hopefully we can forge a path implementing some suggestions here.

• Posted

So glad you got so many replies. Wish I could be there to hold your hand it's a lonely horrible illness. Everbodies here for you. For years I told no one. Great your reaching out. Hang in and when feelingvup to it explain to doctor how bad it gets. Docs can help they see this a lot but meds alone just help cover anxiety ( sounds hard at moment but we have to help ( push ) ourselves . Keep talking here . People who live with this like us relate and it helps to know your not alone. Talk anytime, always here??

• Posted

Thank you! I have tried a couple different meds, and had a bad reaction to them. One I wasn't warned of the dangers and it resulted in a long taper off (Ativan) and zolift caused bad thoughts. I want to be me again. I am ready. I just have no clue where to begin. Thank you for your encouraging words.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.