Can someone please assure me that it's all gonna be okay and that I'll be able to graduate on time?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay, I know this is sort of a bitchy post and I sound like a spoiled 13 year old but right now I'm having trouble breathing, my anxiety is off the charts and I'm experiencing headaches again. I feel like If I don't do a good job with my thesis I'm gonna flunk. I really want to be able to do a good job but I'm so stressed about it being a total flop because I can't think straight during anxiety attacks.

Just so you know ironically my Thesis is call:

"Design and Development of a portable product that helps alleviate hyperventilation caused by stress and anxiety in people with anxiety and stress disorders."

I really do want to help people with this kind of problem that's why I chose this topic. 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I've found that preparation and putting in the time in doing the task help ease my worries because I get confidence in knowing that I've done everything I needed. If you put in the work and time into the project you'll be just fine, don't take shortcuts and commit to the project and everything else with take care of itself as far as passing. Don't sweat what could happen especially when it's something you have control over. It's the things I can't directly control that get me. Just focus on the task and you'll be ok

• Posted

Cody, she's only thirteen years old!

A degree student would have difficulty with a subject like that for a Thesis!

• Posted

Does that matter? Creating something is as easy a a paper bag to breath Into, is that not a product that you can take on go to help with what she is talking about? Putting the work that a project needs to have put into is a win in of itself, not super difficult to educate your self on the issue and find forums or even talking with people how they cope and combine that into something, yes as simple as a paper bag that people honestly use everyday to help with hyperventilation. sometimes we over complicate things and make things more difficult then they have to be, if the proper time and research is done she will be ok, half glass full, not the other way around positivity is the only way for success with anything in life.
    • Posted

Actually, I'm 20. I meant I'm acting like I'm 13 because I'm whining in a forum. 

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply smile I needed to hear that. lol

• Posted

Ummmmmm............quite honestly, i think you'll be out of your depth very quickly here.

Designing a portable device to help people with hyperventilation is something the BIG companies have been trying (and failing) to do for years. It's just so huge a topic.

Anxiety and stress is a huge topic.

Have you started this yet?

Can you change your topic if you haven't got started yet?

I don't honestly see how a thirteen year old can possibly produce a thesis on this subject, since you're asking for honest opinions. I also think you know perfectly well that you won't be able to come up with the goods, which is why your own anxiety has gone through the roof.

• Posted

thank you for your reply. I'm not 13 though. I'm 20. Maybe I should have chosen my words better. I meant I sounded like a spoiled brat. I have done my research. I was just scared of my deadlines. smile my anxiety was not being able to finish on time. I was overthinking but thank you for your response! it means a lot to me :D

• Posted

thank you for all your replies. I'm not 13 though. I'm 20. Maybe I should have chosen my words better. I meant I sounded like a spoiled brat. I have done my research. I was just scared of my deadlines. my anxiety was not being able to finish on time. I was overthinking but thank you for your response! it means a lot to me :D I use this forum to vent out sometimes, not for people to take pity on me 

• Posted

Heavens above!

I take it all back. And you don't sound at all like a spoiled brat, Ma'am.

You sound like a young lady with a very good hypothesis to try to prove in a Thesis which will be very challenging - but I believe you'll be able to do it. You were only letting off steam because wriiting a Thesis is a big deal. And that's why I advised you initially to take up another topic - and I confess that I thought, Goodness, do they all have to write Theses at age thirteen? I was boggled by that.

Anyway, now I've (finally) worked out what is REALLY happening, I want to tell you to have faith in yourself and your abilities, and your thesis will write itself.

Oh, and you might become a billionaire in the process, if your device is any good....................

Dumbo Chrissie.   lol

• Posted

Don't worry lol. I didn't take it to heart :D I also realized how misleading my words were when I read them again lol. but thank you so much for your replies! it always helps to know people will be there for you when you're having a panic/anxiety attack. smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.