Can someone please give some advice, would help alot.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im 21, already been to see my doctor 3 times now, hes now sent me to speak to councillors, nearly every day i go though a phase when im either at work or at home where i feel really really down, basically like "whats good in life" "nothing to look forward too" it lasts for around an hour and then wears off, i just worry incase it comes back because its not nice or if its going to get worse, my doctor says it sounds like a general anxiety people go through during anxiety, does anyone else go through feeling like this? And is there anything that can help? Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds more like depression than anxiety to me... But I'm no expert. Although it's not nice it is very common, go see the councillors they will give you ways to deal with these episodes better, have you had your referral to see the councillor yet? Mine took over 6 months to come through via the NHS, which wasn't cool. I ended up ringing them directly and they had no idea I was supposed to be seen.
    • Posted

Yea like i feel fine at times then i can suddenly feel my mind going into overdrive and constantly thinking, when i feel really down it only lasts 30 mins to an hour and its just been recently starting, im just hoping it doesn't last any longer than 30 mins, it scares me feeling like that! No they have just contacted the councillor for me 2 days ago they are going to phone me. Yea i might phone them directly i want this sorted sooner rather than later its horrible, thanks for your reply
    • Posted

No worries, I'm not sure where you're from but the company in the midlands that deal with it are called IAPT, but I found a charity called MIND that were actually better. You could try their website or give them a call and speak to someone there. They were amazing to me. smile
    • Posted

Yea ill try that thanks for that, see when this feeling comes on can you recommend anything i can do to help or try and get my mind back on the straight because i start to panic when i get into that low mood and lots of different things pop into my head which makes it worse so i start worrying..
    • Posted

Worrying is what makes you anxious, I know it's easier said than done, but just accept them for what they are - just thoughts. You can't stop a thought, if I tell you to not think about David beckham you're gonna think about David beckham, it's the same logic as this, you're worrying you're thoughts are going to get out of control and for a little while they do. So just accept that they're a thought and it's nothing to be anxious about. Try distract yourself, make yourself a relaxing tea or text one of your friends or something. smile hope this helps..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.