Can someone please help with some questions I have.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So, around 5 months I started to feel really really bad. It all started when I was on a trip in Italy and I hadn't slept a single minute bc i was on a buss ride the whole night (~12 hours). So we got there and I felt really really sick, nauseous, dizzy and light headed. I went to vomit but i couldn't. The symptoms lasted all day (without any relief) and it was really one of the worst days of my life. I couldn't eat, I couldn't drink anything for those 2 days (the trip was 2 days in total). Came back home late at night and hoped to just sleep it off. Woke up next morning feeling really nauseous and vomiting (even though my stomach was empty). I lost 5kg (11 pounds) in those 3 days and had no idea what was wrong with me. Since then, every day I feel extreme anxiety, nervousnes and nausea (symptoms worsen when I have to go out or somewhere). Got a standard blood and urine tests done and it came back with high urea and protein levels. It's been about five months since then and protein and erea are still elevated, extreme nausea and enxiety is here every single day and life is just not enjoyable. Other simptoms that come and go are: feeling hot (usually at night), dizziness, poor sleep (waking up) and I would also like to note that I have vitiligo and a heart irregularity.

I have been seeing a therapist for the past couple of weeks, 2 times a week and I am hoping to hear if these symptoms could actually be of hyperthyroidism and would a standard blood test detect that. They told me that other than urea and protein my blood test was fine so I am wondering if I have to ask specifically for a thyroid test.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for some bad spelling, any comments are welcome.
  • Posted

While some of your symptoms could be due to hyperthyroidism, they could also be due to other causes.  The only way to know whether you are suffering from hyperthyroidism is to initially have blood tests called TSH, Free T3 and Free T4.  If those results show elevation in levels, then further tests need to be done to determine the cause of hyperthyroidism.
  • Posted

Absolutely get it checked... sounds like hyperthyroidism to me, I've had all those symptoms, in and out of the hospital, heart tests, MRI , Ct scans, put on anti anxiety meds, couldn't leave the house .... all came down to my thyroid levels being off... months and months of BS and countless $$... good luck and keep me posted

Garrett 38

• Posted

Absolutely get it checked... sounds like hyperthyroidism to me, I've had all those symptoms, in and out of the hospital, heart tests, MRI , Ct scans, put on anti anxiety meds, couldn't leave the house .... all came down to my thyroid levels being off... months and months of BS and countless $$... good luck and keep me posted

Garrett 38

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.