Can someone please talk to me, I need some help

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI

I'm new here.  I'm having an awful time.  I can give some history. I am hypothyriod, in my 3rd yr of menopaus, have general anxiety disorder. I When my thyroid messed up I had many months of dizziness then it cleared for a few years, then in 2010 it came back so I had all the testing done and all was normal,, except the BPPV dx.  So I had the eply and it helped but didn't fix it completely.  I was having bad neck pain with headaches so I went to a neruologist and he did trigger point injections and wow it all left.  About 2 months ago I was doing some exercises and bam the vertigo hit so hard I didn't know what to do.  I started all my brandt daroff exercses but not helping, so went GP who said BpPV is back so off the vestibular therapy. They put me back on the brandt daroff exercise for a week and thats where I'm at.  My questions are does anyone have vertifo like this, I feel as if i'm moving especially after walking,standing, taking a shower, I can sit down and my head feels like it rocking or swaying, like on a boat that is bouncing.  Does this sound like vertigo?  I know when I'm sitting and keeping my head in certain positions esp at work, I will feel like a zap maybe like I've flipped or spun and then my anxiety hits and I loose control, then the rocking swaying feeling can last for hours or days.  Does this sound normal in the sceme of things, considering vertigo?  I get freaked out driving.  I worry all the time, all the what if's, what if this disables me, what if I can't drive again, what if I have some disease, it never quits.  

Does the thyriod have anything to do with vertigo?  I have hotflashes al the time and dizziness with those.  I'm afraid to do anything now.  I don't know if the anxiety is just making it worse, or if it causing me to not be able  get past it.  

I am trying to get back into the neuro's office to see if he can help.  I don't know what to do, I guess i need to know if this is typical vertigo symptoms or if I'm just making myself nuts.  

If anyone can help I would greatly appreicate it.

Thank you

Patty

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hang in there Patty your not alone , I've discovered a whole world of us sufferes on this site - everything your experiencing is pretty well on par with the rest of us BPPV sufferers! Get to your doctor , keep doing those exercises to shift those calcium balls the have collect over time back to where they belong - 16th week for me but I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel and will be more prepared when it hits me again - Im dealing with anxiety issues that comes with the territory so it appears and the headaches! 

Your not alone! 

• Posted

Donna, thank you so much for the message.  I hate to say it but I'm glad I'm not alone.  AT time having no one to talk to is very hard.  I will keep up the exercises and hopefully as time goes on it will subside.  

Thanks again for listening.

• Posted

Your welcome Patty - I found this site has come up with tips to get you through the day - No one knows except us what your going through! Soldier on as it will pass in time with fingers crossed ! 
  • Posted

Hi you sound just like me but ihad sswaying like a boat for a couple of years before full on vertigo last year much better now went to physico therapist she did the epsey manuer got crystal back iear got vvestibular excercises been doing thisever ssince still not normal but getting there also have tinnitus in left ear hear heartbeat all the time bummer hopefully that goes away one day soo u are not alone plus ihhavejhadtthyroid problems plus menepause see a lot in common Good luck be patient itall ttakestime
  • Posted

I think the quality of the vertigo differs with each person. In my case, I had it for 4 months. I did the Epley Maneuver every day, which helped. Then I saw an otalaryngologist (ENT) who specialized in ears. He said it was BPPV and sent me for vestibular therapy. I had about 5 visits, which worsened the condition while I had them. But they helped so much. They sent me home with about 4 vesitular exercises to do at home.  I stopped doing them because the vertigo was gone.

However, in the very hot humid weather, I find that the vertigo comes back from time to time. I'm going to start doing them again. I think they are THE answer, at least for me.  Something else my doctor said is that I have the relapse kind. This is my 3rd bout in about 25 years. I'm hoping I won't get it soon again. But one thing I noticed is that each time it came on me, I was experiencing a critical situation, such as death in the family and illness in the family. So it would seem psychological, but that is not important--because the physical symptoms were awful and had to be addressed.  Good luck. Your situation does not seem like one you can manage at home. I think the vestibular therapy should be continued. That's just me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.