Can someone relate

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been struggling for quite some time now and seems sy.ptoms is changing a bit I still have this constant adrenaline upon my stomach and chest. What's new is off and on I get this feeling in my chest apart from the adrenaline that feels like your excited without the excitement. Or kinda like your breathe is being taking,ir your on a rollercoaster and just started back down the feeling you get I'm your throat and chest i have that feeling and it's scaring me. Does anyone else get this makes me think it's my heart but Dr says anxiety I'm seriously not to convinces that nothing is wrong with my heart causing this also have palps flutters racing off and on.ive had an ekg in Jan in the er was normal I have my Dr listen to my heart once a week as I'm in her office once a week every week for months now.i take hydroxyzine HCl 3 x a day and it's doing nothing for any of this.has anyone felt this with anxiety and if so how did you make it stop?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have no advice for u but I am exactly the same don't worry u are not alone
  • Posted

I have the exact same issues with the fluttering and heart racing and feeling jittery inside. I also feel like I'm losing my breathe occasionally too.
  • Posted

I get this all the time Pamela it is very annoying

Im sorry I dont have any tips to stop it

Stay Strongsad

• Posted

Yep - have / had the exact same thing. Once you have got the clear from the Doctor that its not something underlying - you will realise its Anxiety. Our brain interprets the slightest thought differntly and thus kicks of the attack stages and once Adrenaline kicks in then well the key organs receptors react in fight of flight.

The best advice I can give if keep your mind occupied and busy and start to focus on other things. Its easier said then done - and when people used to say this to me - Id say "yes but its hard" and then you realise you can do it.

• Posted

It seems like you're getting a rush of adrenaline (from adrenal gland) which could be causing a panic attack.  Speak with your doctor.  Sometimes low-dose Xanax helps when you feel this attack starting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.