can someone relate to me and or explain

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I've been feeling pretty short of breath for like the past two days and today just as I got to school I felt short of breath, and sitting down trying to focus on my breathing and then started getting palpitations they almost felt like a small shot of adrenaline in my upper abdomen, and in the past I've been normal on plenty of test I'm just a little worried about things thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi josh27461

Do you have exams coming up and are you stressing about them?.....some drinks can give you palpitations do you drink a lot of coffee or coke which contain caffeine...also alcohol can cause palpitations.do you eat dark chocolate which contains theobromine which causes palpitations also...How do you get to school do you walk or ride bike or bus? Think about what you have been eating or drinking these last few days.....also do you smoke!!!......some of these things can cause breathlessness and most of them cause palpitations......reflect on the last few days...best wishes......

• Posted

Thank you for replying nothing I can think of seems as a resonable cause for this like episode It's laid off a a lot, but I don't drink caffeine because of palpitations and no dark chocolate lately at all, idk if make trapped has going up could just feel like it or what, but thank you a ton
    • Posted

hi Josh

if it happens again it might be best to have a word with your doctor.   It is probably nothing to worry about, but always best to be reassured by the doctor.   Take care and good luck

• Posted

Ya know it sucks to say honestly I've called them about stuff pretty often and they just assume I have anxiety and that I need to see a physcaritist,(basically) so that's basically why I've turned to this site, but I will be sure to get an opinion from a doctor
  • Posted

Hi josh. It could be the onset of asthma. I have asthma and with the weather turning warmer the last few days I have been short of breath quite often. I'm not saying that you have it but it might be worthwhile ringing your gp and asking for a spirometry test. It's quite simple you just blow into a tube and it measures your breath.
    • Posted

Hi josh. Asthma can cause shortness of breath. ..chest tightness ... pain or pressure in chest. Stress and anxiety do not help any.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply again, I've had full blood work and ekg and echo done, is that the specific test I would need to see if I had asthma or would other tests I've had tell me by now? Thanks !
    • Posted

Hi josh. Doc will ask when and how often you get symptoms

If there's anything that triggers them off

If you have any allergies such as eczema or hayfever

The tests are usually just breathing tests. Peak flow tests.

You would probably be given a ventolin inhaler to use when short of breath.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.