Can someone tell me what kind of painkiller helps with fibromylagia?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had fibromyalgia for at least 15 years. I ache all over especially my legs and feet

It used to be that after I got up for a few hours I felt better, but here lately I still have

pain. I suffer from headaches too. I tried walking but it just makes things worse. I

have trouble sleeping too. I suffer from urinary, rectal problems also. I would just

like to enjoy life again. No one understands when you look ok on the outside but

feel terrible on the inside. I get very discouraged. I always have an appetite and

am overweight.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Judy , it is very hard for others to understand , I have amitriptiline for night Time to help me sleep with less pain and they work I have more than one illness so can't really help much , has you doctor gone through the choices of medication with you ?? It's an extremely uncomfortable and painful illness x x
    • Posted

I've been taking Trazadone for years now.  It does help me to sleep but nothing with the pain.  I have been through a number of pain medications when I was going to a rheumatologist, but quit going since there  nothing seemed ever to work.  I've tried Vicodin in the past and that didn't help either.  Right now I'm suffering with a sinus headache and aching legs.  I want to go to garage sales in the morning but know that my headache will still be there.  I tried walking Monday morning and since then they have hurt worse.  It makes it hard to do everyday things. 

Thanks for your reply

• Posted

hi Judy 

I know where your coming from because we look ok people think we are fine ,I also have pains on my legs and feet ,i have pains from my head to my toes and i just keep taking my meds doctor has given me, I try and do all excercises they have told me to do and some days i do them as i get a lot of pain after them i have explained this to all people concerned and they said it will make my pain better well i dont feel it ,I also feel tired and dont get a lot of sleep ,I did eat a lot at one point but then i took a bad reaction against my mouth due to pass medication ,I am over weight and i do try and watch what I eat but as you know sitting in the house all the time bordem sets in and i eat its a vicious circle ,I hope one day someone comes up with a solution for this condition .iam sorry i was not more helpfull but i just wanted to let you know your not alone .

• Posted

Judy

Iam on Gabapentin 9x 300mg a day plus i take pain killers , I take Dypracet 8 a day , I try and take them at the same time each day and it takes the edge off ,dont get me wrong sometimes Im waiting for the time to take my pain killers ,after being on a lot of different meds I have found that this is about the best for me ,Iam never without pain but when i take these tablets it helps me go out to see doctors and do some personal shopping as i do most of my shopping on line ,i hope you keep good , maybe this will be help full

• Posted

Im the same way pain getting worse been on Lyica for 4 years now,she put me on Fetzima also stop taking that made me feel really funny for days Im on 225mgs aday thats the highest dose there is dont know what else I can do but suffer anymore

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.