Can someone tell me what my blood panel means? Is this serious?

Posted , 3 users are following.

about me: female: 28, 5'1- 110lbs

?Here are my test results

?

Hemoglobin- 8.7

Hematocrit- 31.4

MCV-68

MCH-19.0

MCHC-27.7

RDW-18.3

?Iron, Serium- 16

Iron Saturation- 4

?Ferritin, Serum -6

Are these numbers serious? Or Do I just need to take an iron supplement?

?Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 8.7 hemogobin looks pretty low should be about 12 to 15.5, and ferritin level looks very low, should be between 12 to 150 for woman, these measurements very by country or labs, but yours still look low, are you in the UK?, looks like you need iron supplement, but I'm not medical, going on my knowledge of me being amaemic at times and having Rheumatoid Arthritis and many blood tests, a good iron supplement that worked for me is bisglycinate iron supplement, raised my ferritin level in a few weeks from 39 to 138, I suppose your haematologist will do what's needed.

• Posted

every lab has slightly different normal range. you probably should include it in your message, otherwise it is hard to say how far are you from normal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.