can't believe the fat content of foods!

Posted , 3 users are following.

yesterday i first realised how much fat is in foods and am shocked! eek someone mentioned not to go over 5g per 100g  sad i've always counted calories but now on a mission to count how much fat is in food, easy food we take for granted has so much in, totally change my views of all types of food xx day 5 of being on orlistat now xx cheesygrin

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi lilbella

Yes, it has been an eye opener to me too! eek

I have only ever counted calories too and didnt have a thought about the fat content in various foods, some of which I had not even realise had a fat content in the first place!

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

we went to lightwater valley for the day yesterday and my hubby got mac d's for breakfast on way down and i was disgusted at the fat content for the breakfast, puts you off for life xx we took picnic for lunch as so expensove for food there x
  • Posted

I agree.

ive always had good amount of fruit and veg but my weight (3st) is from snacks at work then work stress was so bad I became quite depressed then lost my muscle tone as i didnt feel like doing anything etc

I think the biggest surprise was the fat content in breaded fish

• Posted

i couldn't believe how much fat was in bread! x more so in brown bread and they say its better for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.