can't breath but can?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I feel like I can't breath but I can and my chest feels tight. I also feel like I'm choking but when I breathe ini get a full breath it does feel weird like I'm not getting enough o2 but when I exhale it feels ok sometimes. Is this anxiety or a pneumothorax because I had a pneumothorax before although it didn't feel like this. I felt like I couldn't breathe and I really couldn't and I had a sharp pain in my chest and back. The doctor listened to my lungs with a stereoscope and found nothing. Has anyone had this before? I do have really bad anxiety by the way.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm having problems breathing at the minute I feel like my chest is tight or something is ontop of my chest and I feel like I'm losing my breath
    • Posted

Hi Tanya thanks for the reply. How often do you get short of breath and how long does it last?
    • Posted

Are you worrying alot? Mine's been all day because I've noticed it I think it may be because of hyperventilation or something?
    • Posted

Yes I'm extremely worried. Especially about my health. Because I'm 23 and I have things to do but I keep getting sick which makes me angry because whenever I try to fix the problem another one comes
    • Posted

Exact same with me but with my thought process I'm younger though hahaha. Try and get on with it I'm trying to and if you feel it gets too bad inhale through your nose 6 seconds hold for 2 exhale for 4
    • Posted

yup bro i too feel exactly this the main worry is that i am concern about my future. i dont know what to do...
  • Posted

Hi i do get this all the time, and yea tanya i feel like there something on top of my chest and sometimes i feel in my left arm
  • Posted

Try relaxing in a position and close your eyes and blank your mind think of nothing yourl feel the pressure coming off, i do it all the time its a type of yoga too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.