Can't clean myself

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm at my wits end with this, ruining my life. Depression is getting the better of me again due to this. Will try give as much info as I can.

9 years ago, I was an alcoholic which led to serious constipation. Weeks without a bowel movement, once I went just over a month without a movement when I finally went I think I tore something. Fair bit of blood in the toilet. Never went to doctor, yes dumb young man.

Since then constipation has gotten better usually have a movement once a day, at worse once every 3 days. Which I can deal with, its the clean up after which is the problem

very very rarely I will have a perfect formed clean poop, HEAVEN.

But usually my poops are well formed but sticky and messy, and still feel like I'm not fully empty.

Can spend 30minutes trying to clean myself with paper,wet wipes, shower, bidet. think I'm clean. Then 30 minutes later I need to clean again.

Have changed my diet many times to determine what the cause is. No dairy, more fiber, less fiber, cut certain foods out etc

Been to doctors 3 times and they keep giving me different constipation medication which I've told them they give me pains, gas and worse movements. Still they insist.

Had a prostate exam, doctor said I was fine.

Does anyone have anything I can try?!

This issue has prevented me from getting to close to people, as I can't travel or stay to long away from home.

I've finally meet the woman I want to be with, and this issue is pushing me away. I need help!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You need to insist that your doctor gives you a different constipation medication. Most doctors change the medication if it is unsuitable for the patient. If they won't listen to you, change your doctor. You can also try natural remedies such as prune juice or oranges. Both helped me. Fruit may be more gentle on your bowel.

You may be experiencing fecal impaction which can cause hard stools to come out first and then looser, softer ones. This could explain always needing to clean yourself. This can happen if your constipation has been severe; my mum used to get this.

• Posted

doctor have given different medication each time. none help at all.

second day using molaxole at the moment, first day with it gas, bloating and one of the worst movements ever, small bits of super soft poop and hell of a mess also still feeling full.

Today, fully backed up with no gas or pain. which is honestly ideal for me.

to much fruit gives me gas and pain and doesn't help movements. Will give prune juice ago though., something I've never tried.

Werid thing to ask. Is there anyway to cause constipation temporarily?

going away with the mrs next end of next month. If i could not go for 4 days things would go a lot smoother for me mentaily.

• Posted

If you don't eat too much fruit, it shouldn't cause irritation. I had an orange ever day and it eased my constipation without annoying symptoms.Some days I would have orange juice or prune juice instead again with no problems.

Not eating enough fruit and vegetables and a lack of exercise can cause constipation temporarily. If prune juice and the laxative your doctor gave you doesn't help, I would go straight back to your doctor to find out what could be causing your constipation. Four days without a bowel movement sounds a long time and you shouldn't be constantly backed up. The longer you are constipated, the more chance of fecal impaction.

• Posted

I struggle with this too. I keep a small pack of wet wipes, usually the simple range, for this very reason. I also find taking a couple of dulco-ease tablets works to keep stools soft. One in morning, one at night. These are stool softeners rather than laxatives. I'm also doing pelvic floor exercises as this will help tighten the muscles around the back passage, to stop the leaking after bowel movement. Not sure how this works for men but I'm sure there must be a way. Please don't constipated yourself on purpose, we all have to do this and most people have issues one way or another! Drink plenty water, eat plenty fibre, get some nice romantic walks in, have a great time.

• Posted

figured I'd give pelvic floor exercises ago.

it's made my condition far far worse or just a coincidence. Instead of needing to re clean once it's now an all day issue and far more mess than ever before.

I'm completely at a loss....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.