Can't cope

Posted , 6 users are following.

I haven't wrote on here for a while because I thought I could be strong enough to manage on my own... I was wrong. I feel extremely low, the worst I have felt in a long time. Im not sure what has triggered it off, but I don't know if I can carry on much longer. I went to my doctor for advice and they were no help! One minute I am happy and the next I feel so low and panicky I hit myself ? Im struggling to stay asleep at night and struggling to get out of bed, every moment of my life feels like a painful chore. I have extremely low self asteem and constantly worry about what others think of me! My eyes are really bloodshot from randomly crying all of the time. I feel so worked up all of the time. Im tired of living like this. I feel like I have a constant weight ontop of my chest( I take a lot of deep breaths) I feel sick a lot with stomach cramps. the thought of ending my life has played on my mind quite a lot today. I can't see an end to this dark horrible place that I am in. I still don't know if I have depression as I have never been diagnosed and no one around me seems to understand.

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hannah I have been where you are and still am! I am a 22 year old female, relatively healthy and I have a 1 year old son! What else could I ask for I am so blessed but on the inside I don't feel like I am! I went through post partum depression with my son a year ago and it was the worst time in my life! And it triggered a reaction to the anxiety/panic attacks that I have now! It's also a struggle for me to get out of bed but I have to because I have someone depending on me! We can't give up! I have physical symptoms as well! I am dealing with the weight feeling on my chest right now! I have been checked out by every doctor possible and I am healthy but you can't tell someone with anxiety that they are healthy because we will never believe it! Maybe you should see you doctor about medication! I recently started a new medicine call Wellbutrin! Hope I helped! I know it can be scary the feeling on being scared all the time! I went through a point where i couldn't drive! Ive been there and I'm here to talk!!
    • Posted

Thank you very much for your reply! Im sorry to hear that you're struggling too, we are similar ages as I am only twenty and have felt like this since I was about sixteen. I also feel as though I can't drive! Thank you very much x
  • Posted

Hi Hannah,

Sorry your feeling so low etc at the moment. I have suffered depression for many years and the symptoms you describe are of depression however, im no doctor. You describe feeling happy at times and then sudden change of mood though, so those are symptoms of bi - polar also???

It also sounds very much that your doctor is not listening or something, could you ask to see a different one perhaps?

I no only too well these crushing tight chest feelings and stuggles with breath.

Hope you find a better doctor that is better understanding of you.

Take care and best wishes

• Posted

Hello, thank you for your reply. At times I do wonder wether I am bi- polar but when I read about it I don't think my mood swings are that drastic. However I have considered that I have traces of it seems very similar. Im sorry to hear that you have also suffered from bouts of depression and struggled with tight chest. It feels as though I can't get a deep enough breath. Again thank you very much for replying.

• Posted

I think I might understand. I probably have been there. We think soooo differently when we get past 60. Maybe I can help with a larger prospective of life. tHow old are you? I am a man but we all have things in common.
  • Posted

Hi Hannah, you need to make an appointment and get diagnosed. With help , be it meds, councilling or both you will a lot feel better in a few months, so people respond a lot quicker, so could be weeks . Also walking or cycling is something you can start straight away, you may not feel like it, but trust me it works.

I to am recovering too, and been where you are 6 or 7 months ago, 20 mins exercise a day got me through it, along with meds. I did stop the exercise while i was busy with work, however work, is slow again now, and my mood dropped too, so im back on my bike again.

Try it what have you got to lose, 20mins walk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.