Can’t eat anything

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I may have made a discussion about this but I don't remember.

So, I've had this feeling that I was starving but I nauseous last week or something and then it eased off but just one night, out of the blue, I had this same feeling again. I have tried crackers and all the foods that you "should" eat when this occurs but I just can't eat any of them. It feels like its getting worse. What can/should I do and what are the causes?

Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

starving but nauseous*

• Posted

Have you tried a food diary to see if a food is causing this? Your symptoms could be any number of things so I would advise you to see your doctor who will be able to give you tests, a diagnosis and treatment. Your doctor will identify the cause. This is your best option.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply! 😃. I did see a doctor, got a blood test, x-ray and that urine test. I have never heard of a food diary but my doctor did suggest that I may have eaten a raw veggie and gotten a bug.

• Posted

A raw vegetable would not necessarily give you a bug. If you washed the vegetable thoroughly before eating it and checked to make sure it hadn't gone bad,, there shouldn't be any problem.You can eat things like raw carrots, garlic, onions. and tomatoes. The only problem I can see with raw vegetables would be if you had trouble digesting them. A food diary is simply noting down what you ate, the time you ate it and any reactions you may have experienced.

• Posted

Have you eaten any raw vegetable that was past its best or that you forgot to wash?

• Posted

Update: A different doctor who saw my blood test said that there was something high in my blood. (she didn't say "something", she said a technical word. I can't intake lactose for a month to see if I've gotten better and if it's stayed the same or become worse, I will stay off gluten.

Sorry for the long reply. Didn't check to see if I had any notifications but thanks for your help! So, I may not have eaten a raw vegetable.

• Posted

Was the technical word, lactose intolerance which is intolerance to milk and dairy products?Did she suggest celiac disease since you mention staying off gluten?

• Posted

The "technical word" wasn't lactose intolerance but she did suggest to not intake lactose for a month. It's gotten better than when I made this discussion.

• Posted

If she suggested not to take lactose, this would suggest she thinks you might have lactose intolerance. If you are feeling better avoiding lactose, this could be your problem.

• Posted

Ok. Thanks for all your replies pippa! I appreciate it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.