Can't eat without feeling intense stomach pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm a healthy, slim, 19 year old female, and normally I have no problems eating. For the past two days, I haven't been able to eat without feeling a constant sharp pain in my stomach (in no particular part of the stomach) about 30 minutes afterwards. It doesn't matter whether it's a lot of food or just a small bit, or what type of food it is, it all upsets my system. If I don't eat and take ibuprofen the pain starts to subside, but if I consume even the smallest morsel of food, the pain starts back up again. I'm really concerned because it's deeply uncomfortable (yesterday it escalated to a point where I couldn't get out of bed because of how severe the sensation was becoming) and I can't just stop eating. (I haven't had any problems with drinking water) I haven't had any problems with constipation, diarrhea, or nausea, the discomfort is limited to the stomach. Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Hola Audrey,

    I so sorry that this rs happening to you. It could be a stomach irritation or infection. It could be an allergic reaction from one or more ingredients in your food. The stomach es a muscle and like any muscle in the body, it can have spasms and cause pain. You really should see your primary care doctor. If no results, you may want to consider seeing a GI Specialist. You know your body... if not satisfied with treatment from one doctor, certainly find another. Doctors vary in skill level and test results (CT Scan, MRI, blood test etc.) are NOT always correct. Please stay well hydrated and if you must, you may wish to consider drinking Boost, Ensure or something simular. Remember, you know your body so, stay aggressive when it comes to your health... I will keep you in prayer, my friend. Please keep us informed if you wish.

  • Posted

    ibuprofen is really bad on the stomach lining. I would suggest you stop that right away. It could be the cause of all the stomach problems. Also, you might want to try an over the counter acid reducer pill. Like, Zantac and see how that goes. Also be sure to visit your doctor to get some blood tests and maybe an ultrasound.
  • Posted

    Dear audrey ask for an endoscophy it will show straight away any problems with your stomach

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.