Can't even walk down stair due to pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

so I have a number of joint problems which due to my age (29) keeps getting put down to fibromyalgia but I am finely having an mri done on my back on the 18th augest kinda feels like there going take there sweet time with this and look at me pice by pice or untill I break something. now the reason for my post is yesterday I sprained my wrist yet again quite badly so i no why that is causing me big problems today but from about 5pm yday my knee has gotten worse normally I only get sharp pain or my knee gives out on me this morning I thought it was better untill I tried to come down stairs the pain is quite server soon as I try to move and sitting down I have to have pillows under my leg just so it doesn't hurt so bad. .y question is could fibromyalgia really do this or (like I think there is )theres an underlining problem? and any tips on how to try help ez the pain

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you thought about being tested for RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis)? Don't know all of your issues beyond joint problems you mention. Are your joint issues on both sides - meaning both knees, wrists, etc.

Don't know much about Fibro but appears like the doctors are lumping all of your symptoms under that umbrella because its the easy route. And youre notvtoo young to have RA. Its an autoimmune disorder.

• Posted

yes it is on both sides sometimes one side is worse than the other but I'm always in pain at the moment my left side hurts(wrist knee hip) but i can tolerate it my right side Is very bad to point even my left hand swelled up very badly and even the oramorthain isn't helping with the knee pain as for being tested for RA as I've been put under MSK it is down to them what I have done and due to my age they arnt willing to even consider it Being any type of arthritis so won't even look into it

• Posted

I'm sorry. I live in the States so I can't imagine what you are going through. it's a shame that they think your age precludes being tested for RA or even Lupus as debbie083 posted. Both are distinct possibilities . And your age has nothing to do with it as they are inflammatory diseases. I was just diagnosed with RA but my dr was able to run bloodwork/ obtain stays to make the diagnosis.

Not familiar with MSK but maybe Google RA and Lupus and if your symptoms match talk to them and insist you be tested. Just a suggestion. Hope you get some answers.

• Posted

** meant obtain xrays. Spell check. lol

• Posted

i Finley got someone to sort of lissen to me they only took interest in my back and sent me for an mri which come back I have 2bulging disc pertuding on my nerves so now with that it's opened up an argument point for me to try and get somewhere with everything else including the growing lump on my finger joint

• Posted

HI

SO sorry for all your going through. How is your diet/ eating habits? Sugar and white flower in excess can destroy the immune system . Just thought id mention since doctors rarely speak on this. i was diagnosed with systemic lupus at age 28. was very sick. But chose to compleyely cut out all sugar and processed foods and white flour products. Took some months but did cure it .

Keep close eye always on what i put in my body.

take care

Debbie

• Posted

My son has had bad knee since he was 16. Osgood–Schlatter disease (OSD) is inflammation of the patellar ligament at the tibial tuberosity. It is characterized by a painful bump just below the knee that is worse with activity and better with rest. Do you have that bump?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.