Can't Exercise Anymore

Posted , 12 users are following.

Lately I've been trying to exercise but find myself unable too. I get either tired or my body starts aching , and heart palpitations. Anyone having issues from exercising or moving around alot?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes! I have periods of time when I move more and then gradually stop for one reason or another. When trying to restart exercising I have to make sure it is very very gradual increase of intensity. Even then I still encounter problems. Sometimes even stretching seems to injure my body. I have been having all kinds of weakness, aches, dizziness- on and off! It is very confusing when people tell me to just exercise. I wish I could- but often exercise makes me feel way worse.

• Posted

I can definitely relate to what you 're saying. It' s really weird isn't it? Yes that's what I hear also..why don't I exercise. Believe me that doesn't help me either only worsen it. My naturopath warned me about doing too much exercise because if my adrenals. He says it coukd be too much on the adrenals if they 're already worned out. They have to be fully recovered to do strenuous exercise.

• Posted

yes, get all what you get, my body i sore all over, head and neck pains, like an elderly person no fun and no energy have tried fighting it it doesnt work, have to rest, no way could i work these days..............

• Posted

I know.. I'm the same way.. too tired and weak and at times I don't feel good afterwards.. However we have to move.. I have a few neighbors who are late 60's and I see them out all the time yardwork, walking, etccc. My mom at 77 jogs on her treadmill everyday along with all her other chores. It's so good for our bones, heart, and mental health. I have been taking a water fitness class which helps with the aches and pains. But realized I need to do more.-- not wearing myself out but by walking or simple exercises on the floor here at home. I have read that exercise helps prevent with certain diseases.

• Posted

I did a little bit of yoga the other day and the next day I was in so much pain, my shoulders and neck, anytime I try to exercise it just hurts and puts me off.

• Posted

I have been struggling with this for a few years now, and it makes me distrust my body so much. I feel like there must be something seriously wrong with me if 15 minutes of beginner yoga leaves me sore for 3 days after.

But, I know I need to get stronger, so I am committed to start up with some gentle stretching and walking this weekend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.