Can't explain my anxiety....

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been suffering from depression and anxiety since October, I've been taking mirtazapine for almost 12 weeks now. There is a definite improvement in myself, in the depression mostly. I still get feelings of anxiety though, although now i can't really pinpoint what i am anxious about. For instance i used to be anxious about going anywhere, knowing i would have to talk to people and worrying about what people would be asking me about etc. but now i get times when i don't really know what i am anxious about and don't think it is anything specific, but i just feel that anxiety is there because of the nervousness, the tightness in my chest and breathing, the pounding heart etc. Does this sound normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sunset, i know exactly what you mean, i suffer with anxiety and depression but because of my panic attacks, i know what triggers them and am seeking help, but when I was on citalopram i felt nervous all the time, i mean 24hours a day, and this made my anxiousness so much worse, so the possibility is there.

Danielle

• Posted

Hi,

Well,you know anxiety is a really deceitful illness,it has the ability to make you think all of the worst things conceivable,after 50 years of it I have got used to its little tricks and cons,however I will never be anxiety free,but I have learnt to tolerate it,even though it's unwanted.

But you have to tolerate it,to accept it even,that is the first step to dealing with it,right now at 00.30am I am not tired,my mind never stills,but I know from experience that at about 02.00am I shall sleep,I accept that,no good me trying to sleep now,I couldn't.

Same with eating,no fixed times I eat when I'm hungry,drink when I'm thirsty etc,I try to help myself by not putting myself under pressure to do things at certain times,but only when I'm ready,that may sound selfish,but my anxiety ramps up in an organised life style,I'm too spontaneous to be shackled to that way.

All of what you have written above bears the hallmark of an anxiety sufferer and you have my deepest sympathy,really but you know get to your GP,get checked out,put your mind at rest,it will help.

I wish you well!

Regards Malc

• Posted

Hi Malcolm and Danielle, thanks for your messages.

I had tried citalopram too first, it did the same thing to me, made me extremely anxious and didn't help at all with my insomnia, so i had to come off it and got changed to mirtazapine.

I don't stick to a scheduled lifestyle either, it and would stress me out too much having to live by someone's rules. I'm still sleeping an awful lot at the moment.

• Posted

Best remedy sleep,half the battle,but you know mirtazapine really upset my stomach (I have Barretts/hernia/reflux mind you,so I'm still on my trustworthy pregabilin,and have recently been to the shrinks to confound them once again,and may have to change medication,as I mentioned to them that by sheer chance I was offered an amphetamine tablet(prescribed to a close friend) suffering similar symptoms and felt wonderful,concentrated,focussed and in total control,but you know the GP's won't issue them to sufferers because of addiction,yet teens and children are given them for ADHD willy nilly,I don't understand,anyway see what comes of it

but I certainly don't want knock-out drops.

Anyway you take good care of yourself,battle on.

Regards Malc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.