Can’t get a diagnosis

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hey everyone, just posting to see if anyone has had a similar experience or could offer any insights. about a year ago i had my wisdom teeth removed. After recovering from this surgery i began experiencing severe bouts of stomach pain, chest pain, sore throat, nausea, and constipation with bouts of diarrhea sprinkled in that last days at a time. I saw a GI doc who prescribed nexium for morning use and sucralfate for use before meals and at bed time.

The prescription meds seemed to help and several tests later i was diagnosed with small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), given an antibiotic course and sent on my way. The antibiotics seemed to help in the short term and for a few weeks i was fine. Then bam same symptoms pop back up again. After several endoscopies, a colonoscopy, and a pill cam study im told that I have inflamation from my stomach up my esophagus and they dont know why. Finally an endoscopic ultrasound is done and its determined i have gallstones that dont present on regular scans.

I have my gallbladder removed and after the surgery feel okay. Then bam a few weeks later the same symptoms again. I have no idea what is triggering these episodes as my diet rarely deviates. There will be a few weeks where im fine eating pizza and fries and then i have an attack and grilled chicken constipates me. I've used all of my sick and vacation time at work through various doctors appointments, ER visits, and days when i have my attacks. I have no idea whats going on and everytime i have a solution presented to me the problem returns weeks later. Im beyond exhausted and at wits end with having my work, gym, and sexual life severely hindered while my doctor submits me to test after test with no definitive answers. If anyone has any thoughts/insight i would be beyond grateful.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Ryan,

I too am struggling for a diagnosis. for last 4 month's I'm living on anti-nausea meds. I ran out yesterday. back to black vomit and explosive hot lava Diaharrea.

I have had many surgeries also, including my gallbladder removed 4 or 5 years ago, but still nothing, no answers, no treatments. I am hospitalized for a week, feel a little better, out 4 months and back in again. please let me know what you find out, I will keep you posted to me. I don't think I'm going to make my Dr apt on Monday.....i will probably have to go back into ER for admittance.

I'm sorry your sick and will pray for a solution for us both....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.