Can't get a diagnosis

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been suffering with a variety of symptoms since the middle of November and have had pretty much every test available. I have had blood tests, a 24 hour urine test, stool test, ECG, Echo, 24 hour holter monitor, chest xray. All of which have found nothing.

My symptoms are constant heart palpitations with blood pressure that constantly fluctuates from being very high (like 160/100) to within the normal range and sometimes close to being low. Chest pain that sometimes moves around to my upper back. When my heart is pounding really hard I feel pain in my chest that is in sync with the pounding of the heart. I also feel my pulse very strongly in my neck, head and stomach.

I get dizzy often, have a tightness feeling in my abdomen, pain in my arms, a feeling of being very cold and shivering uncontrollably, feeling out of breath often. I'm also struggling to eat, for some reason it takes me a very long time to be able to eat now, a meal that might of taken me 20 minutes to eat before now takes me an hour.

Because of these symptoms I am very ill and spend most of the day in bed pretty much just waiting to get to the night so I can sleep again as that is the only time I feel any relief. These symptoms make me want to end my life but I am still hanging on for now.

My doctor has pretty much given up and resorted to telling me its probably physical manifestations of anxiety. However, I have suffered anxiety all my life and there is no way this is that, these symptoms had a very specific start point and have getting progressively worse since then, reducing my quality of life to practically zero.

I am suffering and don't know what to do, I have been to A&E twice and had four urgent GP appointments. I feel completely trapped with no diagnosis or treatment.

I'm 26, male, 5'11, 10 stone 5lb don't smoke or drink.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.