Can’t get deep breath / shortness of breath with normal oxygen sats

Posted , 1 user is following.

Ever since March of this year, I've been massively struggling with my breathing. I feel as though I cannot get a deep breath in whatsoever. When this first began, I was 3 months postpartum and had experienced horrendous PVCs (palpitations/ extra heartbeats) during the late stage of pregnancy and early postpartum period - these were checked out, told they were benign but were just really uncomfortable and scary. So when the shortness of breath started I naturally took it really seriously as I believed this was to do with my heart, I went to hospital and they did a chest X ray, bloods and an ECG - all completely fine, with no explanation for my shortness of breath. I then went to my doctor as I didn't feel satisfied. I literally could not with any strength get a deep breath in, it almost felt like my diaphragm wasn't working? They did my oxygen sats, spoke to me and told me they felt it was just anxiety and put me on anti depressants. I still didn't (and still don't) feel satisfied and returned to be told it was anxiety again. However, here I am 4 months later with the same symptoms with no relief. I tried diaphragmatic breathing but I find it hard to push my stomach out and think there may be a possible link with my breathing and my stomach. I am generally bloated at the moment, this is not relieved by passing wind. I have tenderness in the left side of my stomach, in line with my belly button (slightly above and to the left). If i push in I feel like I can feel lumps but don't know if i am just paranoid and feeling normal things like my organs. I also feel the bloat in my upper middle abdomen too.

Anyway this is no way to live, I am anxious yes but this isn't solely anxiety. It is only relieved when I lay down or sleep, otherwise its constant and so scary

any ideas?.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.