Can't get rid of these feelings

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi! I'm very unhappy. I don't know if this is some kind of anxiety/depression or maybe psychosis... I often feel like some group of people are against me (usually people I like or people I want to be friend with) and that they have great reason to not like me/hate me. I ususally get ''paranoid'' and feel like even my best friend hides something but often I fast got over that and forgot about that ... but it's getting more and more often. Every day, another person ''has something against me''. And I feel like everyone knows that one thing about me that is enough to hate me Last week I was crying every day for hours and hours. And simply can't stop. I'm feeling extremly guilty for even searching something on google or for reading some blogs that wouldn't everyone. I'm feeling like my thoughts and mind are very wrong. I know that everyone have their good and bad thoughts and that is normal, but I feel like I'm very wrong person and deserves all this... I haven't hurt anyone in ''real life'' and nobody has ever told me that they hate me or that I'm wrong but I feel that they hide something all the time and that my life is a pure joke.  I feel disgusted by myself and sometimes feel suicidal. I'm feeling guilt and shame all the time. I feel like I hurt people! But I know I didn't... but my mind maybe play tricks with me? I'm feeling more and more sad and the one of the worst things for me is that my family is very upset about me. They can't watching me crying every day it hurts you know. But I just can't help myself anymore. I even sometimes scream so loud like I want to run away from myself. It's not fair for my family. I'm feeling like this for years but now it's worse and worse. I'm not on any medication. Thank you for any answer!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma,

please go to a doctor immediately. Your brain is just playing tricks on you. You must see how you feel after meds. It should turn things around. Also, therapy.  We are here to listen

• Posted

Thank you, I have been at the begginning of the year and I was put on Sertraline, I was a little better, not so much. But it seems like even dr didnt understand at all.
  • Posted

It definitely sounds like depression you poor thing,you do need to see a doctor it's the first step,you will get the help you need,even though these feelings your having are a nightmare for you it's normal because of your mind state at the moment please go and get help,also coming on here has been a great support to me over the last month take care x

• Posted

Thank you. I was on Sertraline but it worked a little bit, not much. I hope I will get right help now
  • Posted

Hi i agree go to the doctor and tëll them exactly how you feel including your paranoia feelings.  Ask for counselling.  x

• Posted

Hi Emma - so sorry to read of your situation. First, you must not feel guilty searching for answers, whether on the web or anywhere else. Second, your illness - which sounds like an anxiety disorder and depression - is creating the negative self-talk.

You state you have been on Setraline which helped a little and you also state that the doctor didn't understand you. It would be advisable to find another doctor, someone you are comfortable with and who responds to your concerns. As for the meds, well there are many types of meds and it can be a bit of a hit-and-miss affair in finding the right one. Don't give up on that, as it's important that you achieve some balance in your thinking and mood. In conjunction with meds, you should ask for a referral to a counsellor/psychologist who, again, you should be comfortable with. You will need to be open and honest with that person who will help you dig out any underlying factors causing your depression, teach you to recognise triggers and implement coping skills. 

It's a process - it won't happen overnight. It's also a journey of self discovery and you will find yourself getting stronger and stronger, more certain about yourself and things/events around you, blooming into a confident young woman - and a survivor. 

Don't delay, find that doctor today. You will feel better as you take action, and we are always here if you need to talk.

• Posted

Thank you so much! Im looking for another dr or psychologisr and I hope i wil find one i feel comfortable with soon! And I dont feel guilty for searching for help on web, but for looking at some random stuff, but i dont want to! Thanks again!💕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.