Can't get rid of this symptom.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I got rid of all my anxiety symptoms but the one I keep having is shortness of breathe. Feeling like I can't breathe properly and everytime I talk it feels like it's taking too much of my air. It's scary

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear friend; do you have a close friend that you trust .who will spend time with you in person or on the phone.I have these same symptoms and ai have found it is not a time io be alone . If you believe in God then you are Never alone.I am a Chaplain and addicted to lorazepam and trying to work my way thru this hell on earth and having success alittle at a time. I found that the anxiety has many faces and what you are experiencing is one of them. Jesus said (do not be afraid for I am with you Always), He has been a constant sorce of strength and peace for me. I will be looking for your reply to talk some more.God Bless you Myrissasaurss.I am praying for you now!
    • Posted

Thank you so much Jim for your kind words. I do have a bf that I trust completely and he does help me through it. I am a Christian and believe in God very much. I thank him every night that I got through the day okay thanks to him. I do find peace in praying. Since I am very badly a hypochondriac some days are harder than others.
  • Posted

Perhaps you are thinking to much about your breathing thus causing your breathing not to be an automatic process, your making breathing a manual process, your

the one deciding how much to breathe and how fast. I think by raising your heart rate by walking or jogging should have a positive effect.

• Posted

I do think about it too often when it starts to get really bad. Although I just found out I'm anemic very badly so this causes shortness of breath and fast heart rate and dizziness.
    • Posted

I was diagnosed with  megaloblastic anemia 6 months ago, yes it

will make you feel fatigued, dizzy, etc., etc.

• Posted

No, I don't believe you can faint, but it sure can make you feel as though

you were going to.

• Posted

Hi to you all on here....

I Know how awful anxiety is...especially the breathing problems.....what I did..this was a tip from both a nurse and a dr....breathe in and out into a paper bag over your mouth,,it evens out the chemicals In your blood stream...when we panic breathe, we breathe out too much carbon dioxide from our blood stream. ...hence....the panic and light headedness. .awful....

When you breathe into a paper bag....you restore the right amounts of each chemical in your bloodstream....it really does work,..honestly, I carried a paper bag with me..everywhere !!!! For about five, yrs..just to put my mind at ease....I wish you all well. And send you huge warm hugs,..xxx you will get better..xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.