can't handle life

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi  this been going on for almost 4 years now since my partner of 20 years finish with me  I also lost a house  job  with cancer research UK all because of my depression I am now.at the stage were I can't live without my past  I want to but everything   I think and see is the past and I can not cope much more has anyone else been like this I am in my 50s living with my parents  which makes me feel like a little boy  and lonely  and left behind  when everyone else I knew  as gone  on with life  I have one friend  you still wants me to go and stay with him but I am scared  I won't cope  the way I am  living in the past all the time  it's killing me  and I don't want to end up in a mental hospital .

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Nige

Have you been offered any treatment, that includes CBT. ?

Knowing your problems will help you address your fears, Did the loss of your partner cause the Problems you have now ? If you have lived in your own home the fact of returning to your family home must be restrictive and this could be causing you many problems, including been restricted in natural Adult Activities.

Could you try too lice with your friend and loosen the Parental strings, would that help you move on ?

One thing you need to understand, it would take the health Service to have many fears to put you on a Mental Health Ward, however if your GP after a certain amount of treatment and if they are worried  that would be the time they may help and move you on.

BOB

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply  yes it was my partner  of 20 years finishing  with me that  made  the problem.
  • Posted

I'm so sorry to hear about you struggles. You should try to find other things to occupy your time, maybe that could be volunteering (get out there meet people), connect with friends, perhaps start a new hobby - reading/crafting/camping. Go for regular walks, join a gym? there are lots of things to do and look forward to in life you just have to remind yourself of that i know it's really hard when you are depressed and going through such a crappy time but you will get through it. its great that you have the support of your parents, don't knock it! try to embrace that and talk to them about things maybe see a therapist to help you get back on your feet. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.