Can't Handle Perimenopause Symptoms Anymore!!!

Posted , 57 users are following.

I think I have been in perimenopause for about 8 years now. I will be 49 in April. The last 10 months of my life have been horrible. The symptoms never seem to let up. They are only getting worse. My quality of life is absolutely terrible. The Jitters, Anxiety, Heart Palpitations, Panic Attacks, Blurred Vision, Dizziness, Off Balance Feeling, Pressure in My Head, Etc are ruining my life. I don't know what to do anymore. I have lost 20 pounds, eat organic and clean, no sugar, salt, caffeine or chocolate. I take a ton of supplements, progesterone cream, some soy, amino acids, calcium magnesium vitamin d fish oil, do acupuncture etc. Can't shake these terrible symptoms. I feel hopeless like this is who I will be for the rest of my life. I cry every morning when I wake up because I feel this way every morning. I don't even recognize myself in the mirror anymore. Went to Target with my Mom the other day and got stuck at the end of an isle holding on to a shelf for dear life crying. I felt so off balance, had a panic attack and couldn't move for a minute. This can't be my life forever. It's horrible. I want to go on hikes like I use to, go to the beach and boogie board again.. I cry just typing this because now I can't seem to do anything without having a panic attack. Sorry for this vent I'm just so discouraged by these symptoms that just don't stop

5 likes, 101 replies

101 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Debbie, no it's not going to be like that all the time I guarantee you it does get better, I have been it as long as you have I had most of those symptoms like you...iam better but not completely out the woods,they were times I could of scream for England and angry about the way I was feeling I just hated the hot/cold feeling insomnia and drunk in the head very over welming I did not want to do anything in the house everything was such and effort, I hardly use to go out  but iam going now...I still can't go very far and mix with people but trying all I can 

when I started to go through this at 50 to how I'm feeling right now is much better then that time, most symptoms calm down now nicely but I must say to you that I'm still transitioning into menopause my FSH is 100 which is high and menopsal but still waiting for periods to end they have been a night mare but I'm very much irregular, until I reach the 12 mark I can't speak for that time I dread it as I heard people say it hits you then..but just have to wait and see

As for you it will get better always say a prayer and ask God for help he does listen, I get on my knees and talk to him when things were getting me down so please do what you can for yourself try not to worry as things can only get better with time God bless you.

• Posted

Hi I became unwell about 3 years ago after months of pain falling over no strength I went to.doctor blood tests were done came back with pernious anima iron anima very low B12 very very low vit D i was given a course of B12 jabs which I have to have for life every 10 weeks which last for a couple of weeks take natural iron as the onedoctor gave me just made me fill I'll had a course of folic acid still felt I'll my periods were so bad heavy clots couldn't leave the house for days bleeding so bad I had a blood test and was told I was in peri menopause periods stopped not had one since April 2016 I was still in well every part of my body hurt even to the touch still dose I was told the in the summer of last year I have fibromgaila I suffer with chest pains gastric problems over all pain feel down I got get what I'm saying most of the time I got get most things I don't fall to sleep till 5 6 in morning then I sleep in I never sleep more then 6 hours I'm sick of feeling I'll tired and I'm pain bed time is a mission lay down pain starts hot sweats so I drink then I'm up and down to toilet it gose in all night I love in pain killers more at night then in the day weight gain spend my life in pjs no intreast in any thing at all is this meno pause or Peru memo pause if still peri memo pause dose the meno pause get worse then this it about be called mad o pause coz I feel crazy don't like going to doctors cause they make you think it's all in your head please there has to be ladies out there going thro this advice would be great

• Posted

Hello carolinegal i am also going through menopause and what caught my attention is that you where diagnosed with fibromyalgia. My sister also has fibromyalgia if i aske her for her symptoms they are so similar to menopause. She got a partial hysterctomy like i did. My doctor mentioned fibromyalgia to me also. But i felt she was just trying to find a diagnoses sense doctors say all my test come back normal. 

• Posted

I dont know if its connected i was in pain for years before I hit the peri the menopause my inflammatory blood tests always came back very high but i just kept going untill I couldnt any longer

• Posted

Hi debbie, all I could tell you it will get better with time I had those symptoms you had at the beginning of 50 years old but with time it started to feel better at 54 years old I'm still going through it because periods still coming here and there but I know how you feel, one day you will find that symptoms will calm down and give you a break it won't go on for ever I promise always remember nothing last for ever in anyone's life...be kind to yourself and take care God bless.

• Posted

Dear Debbie,

I totally understand how you feel! I am exactly the same. I thought my forties will be awesome, I'm 43 and perimenopausal for at least 1 year now. It has been terrible. I am like you eating well, taking supplements, exercising. The anxiety, panic attracts, heart palpitations, etc are just terrible. Now my breast hurts and I'm so done with this.

You are not alone, I truly hope you will find the way to get your life back. I'm desperately trying to find mine.

Take care, hugs

Magda

• Posted

Debbie, this is an old post, but I know how you feel. My quality of life is zero. I stay anxious almost all the time. I'm nauseous everyday or in pain from my pelvic area. Has anything helped you recently?

• Posted

Hi. Debbie....

I am new to this, I agree to what you are saying I am in perimenpause I don't know how long I been through it. But last year in Oct things hit me stomach problems lost weight, No appetite,dizziness unbalance, craving for sweet, I was getting shortness of breath. Please somebody tell me something

• Posted

Hi Kim it will stop I just replied to Debbie had those symptoms it will go away OK just take each day as it comes and you will see keep busy take walks hugs
  • Posted

H Debbie,let me tell you I been through the same thing few years ago..and I cried because I couldn't stand how I feel I couldn't sleep either and during this time my mum was terminally ill and looking after her was stressful and it was tough when she died I ask my Dr for something to keep me calm at the funeral and he gave me nothing so I had to sit through it nervous and jumpy forcing myself to sit down and just to get through it..I'm better now but still have some symptoms like waking up frighten

You will get better with time prayer on your knees God will answer I always include him daily you will be fine God bless.

• Posted

May I ask how are you doing right now? I am 40 and have POI. My life is so miserable. I recognize a lot of symptoms you have and was wondering I you have found a solution. I have tried hrt, birth control and nothing seems to work? It is horrible. 
  • Posted

Hi Debbie 

Just reading your post and boy it’s the exact same thing I’m going through .... NO LIFE !!!!

Like a zombie all the time and am mainly at home now as no energy to go out and do things. 

Please tell me it got better for you I’ve bern really bad for 2 months now and it’s the WORST thing in the world ! 

• Posted

Oh Debbie, I hear ya! It could be my story that you are telling. We'll be 48 in January. I am in peri since 7-8 years now and so tired of it. Dizzy basically ever since, migraines, sometimes with aura. Head pressure non stop. My sight blurry constantly and cannot focus with eyes.. Like one eye feeling different than the other. Anxiety, panic attacks, tingly feeling in face, scalp, arms. Sometimes can't think straight. Pure horror, I tell you! Quality of life? What is that? I wish I could just talk to you. I've done so much research and am a geriatric nurse. I'm back in school to be a psychotherapist. Always loved psychology, but part of the reason might just be my pen desperation. Please write back, Debbie. You are not alone! You are not going insane (unless we all are!) sending you strength, hope and much love, Bina

• Posted

i just saw your post and hope you read this...i read all of your symptoms and after 3 yrs of suffering and going to numerous drs i found out i had something called vertical heterophoria...its a misalignment of your eyes and u need to go to a neurological opthamologist.. not just an ophthamologist!!! This disorder can come from head trauma or in my case ive always had it but my eye muscle held my eye up but once i got to the age of 45 my muscle got "tired" of holding up my eye and thats when my symptoms started!! i now where prism glasses and its helped tremendously..im not going to lie..i still have off days but nothing like i had before . i also went to vestibular therapy to retrain my brain to see correct again ...if u have any questions please respond and i will try and answer you!

• Posted

can I ask what you mean muscle to hold up your eye? like the eyelid droops? sometimes I think my eyes cause the balance issue but not sure my vision gets blurry and eyes very dry upon awakening

• Posted

the muscles that hold your eyes to be lined up correctly...if u look at me u cant see my eyes are misaligned..that is diagnosed by the neurological opthamologist with a very extensive exam ..i have no eyelid drooping..its the muscle behind your eye...i dont see blurry but i feel like things r almost crooked and when i would go into a store or mall i felt like the ground wasnt level and would feel very off balance .. there arent alot of these drs around and its not a well known thing. if u go to a regular opthamologist they wont be able to see that u have vertical hetoaphoria .. hope i answeres ypur question...please feel free to ask me anything else

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.