Can't keep antibiotics down!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm starting to sound like such a hypochondriac.

I was worried about an infection. Doctor gave me some antibiotics.

I have a horrible kind of phobia about taking tablets. During my first pregnancy I was prescribed some tablets that made me violently sick for a month which caused me to be hospitalised.

Since then I've rarely been able to take tablets unless in absolute agony.

I was able to just about manage my tramadol, then they made me violently sick so I stopped.

Now the doctor has given me some antibiotics and I swear to god, they are huge.

As soon as I got them out the pack I went into a cold sweat.

I physically cannot take them, I have two left from the pack because I have swallowed them, and then thrown them back up within seconds.

I got in the shower earlier and when I was dying, I wiped down below and there was gunk on the towel, I got the mirror and looked and it looks like someone's snotted all around my stitches, there's deffo an infection!

I really want to taken them but I can't, I feel physically sick just thinking about it!

What can I do?

8 days post op. Anterior&posterior repair

X

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I would advise going back to Doc's and explain what you've just said on here. Tomorrow or asap! i'm sure they can give you a liquid one or an injection. Best wishes. Ellie UK
  • Posted

I hope so! Calling the dr today to see what they suggest!! Xxx
  • Posted

If you can't tolerate tablets ask the GP for the antibiotics in medicine form. It's not just for children they do do the higher doseage for adults and it's absorbed much quicker.
  • Posted

Thank you matron! I will definatley do this! Thank you! Xxxx
  • Posted

My son just had surgery and even though he can take pills, all his meds were liquid.  Loads of different things.  I'm sure they can prescribe a liquid medicine that will do what you need it to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.