Can't keep water down completely, Galbladder problems! Help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, my partner in March of 2017 got really sick for 11 days which made him throw up and dry heave a lot. He couldn't even keep water down, took him to the ER twice, first time, they treated it like either a stomach virus, stomach flu or food poisoning. His stomach test came back fine and gave him meds for it to run it's coarse. Well it kept getting worse and the time they told us to feed him again didn't work, we went the second time to the ER, they did a scan of his stomach and it was 100% fine, they just straight up said they don't know and think it's possibly a bacteria infection. Thank goodness he started getting back to normal after 11 days. But ever since then, he can't have ground beef if it has grease in it, and he can't have burgers anymore. Also when he eats he never gets full, if he eats too much, he just feels a little sick and then stops. We haven't went to get him tested yet because he didn't have insurance. But he was perfectly fine as long as he followed those, well a year later we kinda stopped being too cautious and I made sausage dip at night. In the morning made ground beef and eggs together and forgot to take out the grease, and then later on went out to Mexican food. 10 mins after he ate, he was in the bathroom throwing up, came put at flushed and now he is sick just like those 11 days. We went to the ER and they first thought it was food poisoning untill we said that we only went to the Mexican place 20 mins ago. All the stomach test came back fine and that's when the doctor said it, "i highly think this might be a disfunctioning Galbladder" that's when I Googled it like crazy and it all made sense. Well he has insurance coming, but not untill the next 90 days, so this was bad timing. But he isn't feeling as bad as the first time, which leaves me to believe it might also be a gallstone or a galbladder attack. I don't know and unfortunately we can't see a doctor yet untill we get that insurance, so please everyone I could use ur help in the meantime to figure out how I can get him to start eating a drinking again, those 11 days were a blur and I'm not sure how he started eating again it just sort of happened. So we know nothing about calming down the galbladder. What should he drink? And then what should he eat? I know citrus fruit and citrus fruit drinks help, he is starting to hold some drinks down but if love someone to tell me all the other steps, thank you so much!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI 

if it’s his gallbladder buscopan an antispasmodic over the counter drug should help ask your pharmacist ..then to settle the gallbladder down you need to eat and drink foods that don’t require extra bile from the gallbladder to digest .. so you already realised low fat in fact to avoid gallbladder attacks completely no fat.. 

avoid red meat as it is harder to digest 

I found white fish steamed 

broiled chicken 

rice 

potatoes 

boiled veg 

toast 

all kept me pain free and vomit free..

the gallbladder stores bile and concentrates it your stomach requests extra bile for harder to digest foods then the gallbladder contracts sqeezes if inflammation or stones the attacks begin ..

caffeine also causes the gallbladder to spasm 

camomile tea excellent and mint ..

hope that helps ..

mine has long gone removed but I was also misdiagnosed for 15 years with horrid attacks ..until they realised ..

he will be fine 

• Posted

I've made a list of everything he can eat from what you said and research, but the problem now is that he can keep water down thankfully, but we are having trouble finding that one food he needs to start out with that his body can keep down. We tried kiwi slices since it's high in vitamin C. But idk should we try crackers, rice, bread & applesauce like you do for stomachs problems? Or should we do something different? He goes Monday to talk to a doctor about getting a HIDA scan done since he has no Galstones. He took the ultrasound and that is all it would show. We have a very poor sad medical system here in this small town..

• Posted

HI 

you need to get a diagnosis . Fatty liver disease can cause similar symptoms as can pancreatitis. My friend had cysts on her liver which caused similar symptoms as they became infected . there are so many possibilities.. but they will get there ..Once they diagnose they can treat him. 

He obviously has something wrong and its a process of illimination . 

Wish I could offer something more helpful. 

But I am sure it will all make sense once you find out exactly what he has . 

Let us know how you get on thinking of you both 

Sally 

• Posted

There's a gallbladder diet on this site.  I suggest that you check it out.  But mainly, little or no fat and small frequent meals.  Best of luck.  

• Posted

Thank you I've write all that down but for right now I'm t rying to focus on the first food that he can keep down and what that food might be since he JUST started being able to hold down water

• Posted

Your instincts are correct.  Try crackers, saltines or graham crackers.  Move on to toast made with white bread. Citrus could be hard on the stomach.  Remember, that because bile is highly acidic you don't want to introduce foods or fruits that are.  Try applesauce or bananas.   

Also, just because gallstones aren't visible with an ultrasound it doesn't mean that he doesn't have them!  Whether they show up depends on the machine and the skill of the tech.  Ultrasounds often don't pick up small stones and sludge. A CT scan might show them.  

Bile is released into the small intestine during digestion, not the stomach.  When the body's producing too much bile it backs up into the stomach and causes the nausea and vomiting.   xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.