Can't kneel down

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have found recently that if I kneel down even only for a few mins when I try to straighten out my legs again the pain at the back of my knee is awful and I need to rub them.  Is this anything to do with the Fybromyalgia ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kathleen,

might be a bit of a bulge at the back of the knee caused by a Bakers  cyst. 

So painful 

cheers

• Posted

Sure sounds like osteo arthritis to me, my right knee first began to creek when I was 57 as I recall and now 76, and since hip replacement and shorter leg and all the junk that happened, knee is worse but I so resist any knee surgery....

We can take a lot to help that knee, good topicals, knee support, acupuncture can help as it worsens, Prolotherapy helps with knee issues.... I don't kneel and if I have to get down on floor to find something, it's a challenge, I can do it with pain...

Some get cortisone injections, but too much steroids do a lot of bone damage....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.