Can't kneel without great pain - always had trouble

Posted , 7 users are following.

Any suggestions as to why I've never been able to kneel without pain. 

I have not had surgery or injury. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't know.  I could kneel prior to TKR and a year later after TKR I can kneel

• Posted

First see your GP or orthopaedic surgeon , there are several reasons for your problem . We are not able to diagnose problems here , but are willing to help if we can . 
  • Posted

Have you seen an orthopedic surgeon and gotten an x-ray, MRI and a definitive diagnosis?
  • Posted

Hi Max,  I could not kneel for around 10 years , although otherwise fit.  I was perplexed, but didn't pay much heed to it.   Last year I had keyhole surgery in my knee which did not work anyway, but my surgeon said both my knee caps were shot - that means that the cartilage cushioning the knee caps had completely worn away, and bone was rubbing on bone.   I only noticed this when I tried to bend down to do something, otherwise there was no pain,and and I was walking naturally.   This could well be your problem as well.  You need x-rays.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.