Can't lay of left side due to hip replacement - it feels like concrete.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Ever since my THR in May 2015 I haven't been able to lay on the operated side. If I wake up and lay on my operated side for even just a few minutes I will hurt the rest of the day. If I ever have to get my right side done I'm in big trouble. I even worry if i ever have surgery for something else and they lay me on the operated side... has anyone else experienced this??? Thank You!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i had mine done on July 24th and am now just able to lay on that side . But still not ling periods . Give it some time hopefully it will get easier

• Posted

i had my TRHR march 15 2018 one year ago and still cant lay on surgery side I try, or roll over when a sleep and wake up in so much pain still

hoping eventually it will be okay BUT if your over 4 years ago and still painful that is a worry I hope others have better news for both of us

• Posted

I had my left knee cemented in its brilliant now .my hip hurt me I found propping my back with a pillow or two slowly helped me on my side and if you can persevere it helps a bit each day it will help get some pain relief before trying it will help

• Posted

I was having this sort of problem, before a lovely lady on Faceybook advised me to get a muscle roller, and that has settled down the painful muscles. It was quite inexpensive, and worked wonders.image

Her group is in the 'Online Resources' page of my website - the address is in my personal info here ...

https://patient.info/forums/profiles/rocketman-sg6uk-907025

and at the bottom of the moderator's "useful resources" page at

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/thr-useful-resources-487147

Best wishes

Graham - ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Posted

Hi I had a Left THR the year before last and have a problem like yours. I just can't lay comfortably on my left side. Maybe it is more common than we think.

• Posted

left done Feb 18 Ican sleep on it no problem, right Nov 18 its ok for an hour or two then starts aching. I keep lying on it to get the time longer gradually improving good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.