Can’t lift my leg after unicomoarmental knee replacement

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had a uni compartmental knee replacement 7th june 2022, after osteotomy and previous surgeries. to knee.

i am really worried as i still cannot lift leg and i am unable to bend or straighten knee. i saw registrar yesterday 27th june 2022 , he said i should be walking by now and bending it easily. sent me for xrays all seems fine.

i then saw consultant who said he thinks my knee is highly sensitized? from all my operations??

I am also only taking paracetamol as they gave me so many drugs it has wrecked my stomach lining and i have been in a lot if pain with that and been unable to eat. i have diarrhoea bad too since bing in hospital. they have sent stools for testing.

i am feeling really fed up and in lots of pain.

my right knee is also very painful i am awaiting surgery on that knee too.

Will i be able to ever lift this leg and use it to walk again? at the moment i feel like a failure .

i have seen physio once and i am doing the exercises even if it does make me cry with the pain. he has only given me a few to do. sit on chair slide leg backwards and forwards. put rolled up towel under ankle get leg as straight as possible sit for 5 mins. lie on bed lift leg, this one just not happening?? cant lift it. last one is sit on bed and try bring knee up to ben. this is also not working. my daughter tries to push it up to help me but really struggling .

any advice anyone?

thanks belinda

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Yes. Keep faith on God and move ahead with confidence. You will recover for sure. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.