can't live like this nomore feel like no one is taking me seriously

Posted , 7 users are following.

been diagnosed with depression anxiety, panic attacks, tried 3 different medications, have a phychiatrist and support worker as I can't leave the house and have a phobia of food so eating it all over the place. had to have a blood test and looks like I'm anemic but can't get in next week it's so stupid I feel awful dizzy, lightheaded, sick, I'm aching my eyes feel so heavy I'm constantly tired I just try lay as still as I can because I'm just so tired everything hurts, just moving a little or getting out of bed I'm out of breath, apparently I've got to be a certain bmi be taken seriously, I just get given a book to read and told to eat or to go out the house when I physically can't. I've lost loads of weight, I look like a skeleton all my bones are sticking out I can't get comfy because I'm so skinny I feel like no one is taking me seriously like are they just waiting for me to collapse or have heart failure? i already have heart palps or my heart beats faster or feels like it's not beating properly. I don't even know how I'm getting through the day. I tell them I don't want to be here nomore and they know I've self harmed and it's like noones listening to me I really cannot live like this nomore I thought I'd be getting somewhere with all these referrals but I literally see them for 5 minutes get weighed and get told I've lost weight but its but nothing to worry about yet, the same crap everytime it's like I'm just left on my own I really don't know how I'm still here, I don't want to be anymore I don't know what to do I physically cannot live like this anymore I feel so let down by the people o thought would help me, Im scared I just couldn't feel any more low than I do now I just want it all to end 

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Please go back to your doctors and see someone else.
  • Posted

Hi mj29, 

I am sorry to read of your terrible situation that has altered your life so much. I don't understand how you seem to have slipped through the hands of so many professionals that are there to look after you. It does sound as though you should be getting better care.

Unfortunately,  these days there are so many people with depression and anxiety problems not to mention bipolar and ptsd etc. etc. and the reliable care system we once had is in a state of collapse.

Waiting at home for someone to call round to put you right isn't going to happen. You must at least be seen as trying to help yourself. It will be very difficult but if you don't show them that you want to get better they won't see you on their system and you will be left alone. You have to take some sort of nourishment- tins of rice pudding, tins of baked beans, fresh milk. Anything will kick your self survival back into gear and get you back to rational decisions.

Don't become just another statistic, fight back!!!

Mike.

• Posted

Babe I'm sorry to hear that I'm dealing with postpartum ,stress and anxiety you will be ok.. I thought I was going to have heart failure but someone helped me realized that won't happen love the heart palpitations are very scary trust I know I'm in pain with u my stomach is constantly hurting and my shoulders back and arms be burning.. I letting you know your not alone my love and the way it seems at the end of the day all u have is yourself I have family and a husband that doesn't care what I'm going through. I have to fight for Me don't ever think your life is ever less valuable then anyone else's because your suffers right now.. you will make it u can message me if u really need someone to talk to because sometimes I be needing the same thing.. ?? Get well soon my love 

• Posted

Hiya

sorry to hear how low and isolated you are feeling, but you’re not alone and things can improve. 

However you have to learn to help yourself. I know that sounds harsh, but as a previous poster said, not helping and waiting for people to come to you won’t happen.

You need to see your gp and explain exactly how you feel, or even try a new gp. Medication may help, although it won’t be instant.

You certainly need help with your diet. Healthy eating is really important. Your body needs nutrients. There are several food firms who can deliver a wide range of healthy foods, so you don’t have to go out and shop.

Also meal replacement drinks like fortisept, complan etc will provide you with nutrients and help to stimulate your appetite. Eating better will help you feel better.

Please see your gp again, or maybe a counsellor. Depression is dreadful and I understand how low and lonely you feel.

There is all sorts of help available, but you’ve got to want it and not wallow. Positive thoughts, rather than all doom and gloom will help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.