Can't lose weight!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been dieting and exercising for months and can't lose weight! I am vegetarian and on a low carb high protein diet, I walk to work, exercise 3/4 days a week and I am now at the point where I am taking natural slimming aids, I drink 2.5l or water a day and still can't lose any weight! I'm only 22 so I should be able to lose weight but I can't, help!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jessica. You may wish to consider using a non-drug supp known as 5-HTP. It has many uses, one of which is to help reduce weight, and this it does by suppressing appetite. If you don't know of it, research it on Google and read user reports of those who have tried it. Past trials have proven its ability on groups of overweight and obese people, but it doesn't suit everyone.

I use it for better sleep while tapering off decades of a benzo sleep drug, and although I don't need to lose weight have noticed its effect on my appetite. One of its claimed actions is to reduce sugar cravings, maybe not your case being on a low carb diet, but it might even further help in this respect.

Do some research, and if you have a sympathetic GP discuss it (mine wasn't so had to make my own decision). If you do try some, don't buy any with other herbs, only 5-HTP made from the Griffonia shrub. It is non-addictive. With some it has caused nausea (not to me, at all) which may die down after a few days, so suggest you start on 50mgs, or cut a 100 mg tab in two. You can then still up the dose to perhaps 100 or 200 mgs. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi, Jessica. I am a nutrition researcher. I have been researching into a 5:2 method which you can check out to get results. I have started it with some of my clients and they are starting to see results. Hope you get the results too. I am a vegetarian too. I have mentioned on my website some of the foods that you can follow for excellent results. All the research are backed by evidence, so don't worry!! Here is my website link .. hope this helps

cheers

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.