Can’t make my stool come out

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I haven’t pooped in a couple days. And yesterday I tried and it just wouldn’t come out. It hurt really bad. It was too big. 

I’m 14 and won’t tell my parents. Because I just moved in and it’s kinda awkward. I don’t know what to do. Also I have anxiety with toilets at my home. So I only poop in public. Which sounds really weird and now I’m home and can’t do it. I’m also very scared to try again. 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Well.. for starters for your own personal reasons, I understand not being able to talk to your parents about it. Ive been constipated numerous times. Trust me. Ive had to go to the hospital twice a few months ago because I couldnt go for weeks then I became too scared to even want to go because the pain was just unbearable. Horrible. And at the hospital the doctors had to give me enemas twice, just a horrible painful mess. And uncomfortable. It would just be way too big to come out on its own, Id be sweating, shaking, almost passing out. I was very thankful though that it was finally all out. But Ive went through this for years and I grew such an anxiety to it and mainly I think it was because of the pain. and Im not even embarrassed to talk about it anymore especially since what Ive been through, I know its no joke. And now that Im doing better, Im telling you.. regardless of your reasons , you want to go! And you may want to talk to your parents about it especially if they can help you! Like as soon as youre able. Dont be afraid. Because that was my main issue. Because of your age Im not so sure especially if you cant talk to your parents. Its only been a couple days for you so it def wont be like I was.. But I would first try a laxative if you can to help get things moving. Miralax daily is my godsend to this day but that is usually after you get things moving in my opinion. It isnt a stimulant laxative which you may want If your really trying to go. It all depends on preference there are a lot of different types of laxatives. Keep hydrated. Its really important and diet is key. If your not eating the right foods it really can mess things up and make it worse. Im no expert but this is all just from personal experiences..for me, I am on medication that causes it so until im off, Miralax is what truly works for me. But I hope this helps! I know how scary/uncomfortable it can be! Good luck smile
    • Posted

Thank you so much!! But it’s been almost a week. I just checked. I thought it was 3 but i guess not. I told my parents and they got me a laxative and stool softener. I still can’t poop! I have a big trip tomorrow and don’t know what to do. Still really scared. I’m being brought to tears every time  I try to go. 
  • Posted

Also this may sound really gross and might be too much info.. But if some of those laxatives aren't options. Or even if they are.. I know.. this will be gross but, I know a lot of people who have given me this advice too, but sometimes if it is just too big to come out on its own, it needs a little assistance. I know, gross but that means possibly putting on a pair of gloves and manually helping to ease it out.. with your fingers. If you've never thought or heard of that before it's probably the grossest sounding thing ever but I'm telling you. If it's that painful.. you'll probably want to do almost anything to just get it out! Or at least that's how I felt.. And I'm sure it's better than a random doctor doing it! Really, good luck again!

• Posted

I’ve tried that too.  I’m very scared still. Thanks for the help! 
  • Posted

Hi:

Try Castor Oil. No prescription required. You can purchase it at  any pharmacy.

One soup spoon at bedtime. 

It may give you diarrhea, so don’t abuse it.

Hope it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.