Can't pull my foreskin back

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 16 nearly 17 and I can't pull my foreskin over my head, when I try to pull it back, the head comes out a bit but not all of it and it gets to a point were I just can't pull it back anymore. It doesn't hurt just very restrictive.

Should I get circumcised or should it be okay?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Usually guys can retract their foreskin by their teens but your experience is not that uncommon. A circumcision should be your last resort. Try searching for information on non-surgical phimosis treatment and you will find resources that you can try on your own to gently stretch the skin over time so that you will be able to retract. Should surgery become necessary research it fully as there are surgerical options that are less drastic than a full circumcision.
  • Posted

Can you fully retract the foreskin when you're soft down there?  If so, then since you're only 16, it may just fix itself if you wait, as your genitals are still growing.  Most men with phimosis can fix it with stretching or steroid creams.  Surgery (preputioplasty or circumcision) would usually be a last resort.

If you want to see a doctor, you could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.  There are GUM clinics for under 25s btw.

If you do see a doctor, then if you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.

These links may help:

https://www.15square.org.uk/

https://patient.info/health/circumcision-leaflet

https://patient.info/doctor/phimosis-and-paraphimosis

Good luck!

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

• Posted

Even when I'm soft I cannot, I may end up going to a doctor, just wanted to if I could avoid it but it seems to be the best idea

• Posted

According to the British Medical Association, treatment (topical steroid cream and/or manual stretching) does not need to be considered until age 19.  Personally, I'd wait in your position, but I wouldn't talk you out of seeing a doctor.  If their only suggestion is circumcision, I'd seek a second opinion though.  Some doctors don't know anything about foreskins except how to cut them off.  If you'd like a second opinion, you could google "intact-friendly doctors".

• Posted

I remember when I was about 10 or 11 all my friend able to pull the foreskin back but me. I tried but it hurt so bad and stll did not move it much. one day I was about 25 year old I had my first time sex then I able to pull my foreskin back. I you are so worry about it you should see Doctor, he or she will exam your and will give you a clear answer. I'm not a doctor but my brother is he said the same thing.

• Posted

When I was that age I was able to pull my foreskin back, but when I've grew up, I just simply can't anymore.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.