Can't see a way out

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, i guess i am writing on here to ask for some help / advice / reassurance. I am suffering terribly at the moment with anxiety. Constantly on edge, heart feels like its beating far too quickly, i cant concentrate and am over thinking things MAJORLY and thinking "oh god what if this happened, what if that happened" 

I started with anxiety about 3 - 4 years ago. My dad had passed away, i found out about my partners affair. We split up and i think it all spiralled from there. All i seem to do recently is PANIC about absolutely nothing at all. Things that would NEVER happen in a million years are becoming a huge fear for me. My "fight or flight" mode seem to be constantly running and i'm unsure how to stop it

I have been to the doctors who advised meditation :o/ Another advised taking 5 minutes to relax & 2 weeks off work! Work is the only thing that seems to keep me sane at the moment, i love my job so the suggestion of signing me off was a definite NO!

I just feel like i am only going to get worse in my fight against my anxiety and i'm scared it will come to the point where i can no longer go out / see people etc

Does anyone else feel like this?? xx 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This is totally normal. 

I would firstly suggest to speak to a proffesional. They really do help. 

If you are looking for natural approaches 5HTP or St John worts are great natural Antideppresent/Anxiety supplements and also L theanine 100 mgs or up 400 if severe. Both have little to none side effects. Except 5HTP can cause Heart problems if already existing but if not risk is low if nor taking for a very long time. Anti anxietys such as Xanax,Klonopin,Ativan can help the heart racing. I too fear leaving my house sometimes because of the fear of having a Panic Attack. But you WILL conquer this PEOPLE DON'T STAY THIS WAY FOREVER.(:

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Maryam - it just feels like a never ending cycle - i am already on medication for depression but they do not help at all with the anxiety - if anything my anxiety is worse if that is possible?? I was prescribed Propranolol for a quite severe panic attack about 6 months ago which did help a little bit but i feel like i need something to take every day to help with it though i am not sure what there is that is available to take daily if anything! xx
    • Posted

No Problem! I would suggest the natural supplements i suggested. I've read a lot about Antidepressents making anxiety worse in some People. I think you should try the natural supplements if that does not give you relief which i believe it will give you some releif. Anything in the Benzo family at A VERY low dose can be helpful. You can slowly ween off when anxiety gets less severe(: All the best

• Posted

I had that same fear back when I was in my 20s. The muscle twitching, etc. I had and still sometimes have all those symptoms of anxiety  also. I thought I had Terrible diseases and a zillion other things. All my test came out perfectly. As we all know anxiety can produce so many and such scary symptoms.

it doesn't pay to read too much online, all we do is scare ourselves more. There is a much higher likelihood that your  symptoms are caused by stress and anxiety then some terrifying disease. Especially when you're younger .

we can't let anxiety run our lives and our minds. We are better than that and we deserve to feel healthy and enjoy life. We need to be relentless in the pursuit of our health including healthy minds.  I once heard the saying "don't believe everything you think "which is so very true.   Our minds  are  so powerful and  go to the negative if we let it.  I have battled anxiety since my 20s and I am now in my 50s. I'm at the point where even though I get my yearly physical, I know the anxiety symptoms so well and pretty much ignore them telling myself it will pass.   I have found meditative audios online that deal with stress and anxiety to be very helpful, also regular exercise, eating healthy and socializing. The worst thing we can do is isolate ourselves which causes us to think more and more negatively. As long as  we follow up with our doctors and if the test come out normal we really have to work hard at thinking more positively. You can find great books at the bookstore on the power of the mind and stress, depression anxiety. I also suggest seeing a counselor regularly even when you start feeling  better. It really helps!   When I exercise the anxiety lifts and I feel so much better!Stay  active! Stay active! Stay active!  And never give up. 

• Posted

I was prescribed propranolol to take daily. 40mg I think it is. I tend to just take them if I need to. Speak to your doctor about taking them regularly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.