Can't see after cataract surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had steroid induced cataract surgery in November in my right eye. Then 1 month ago I had lefto eye done. They fitted me with lens for my glasses for right eye end of december and get the other one in a week. I can't see very well. My eyes are blurry and they get worse as the day goes on. It also feels like a film on my right eye and they both flicker.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You will have improved eye sight soon I experienced blurry vision and it did go away after a few weeks

Good Luck

• Posted

My right eye was done in November it feels like a film over it and vision is blurry most of the time. They both flicker too. After they gave me my new lens for my right eye. And after my left eye surgery. It's worse. I have bifocals but I can't see the computer or anything a little past arms length unless I take glasses off it is clearer but then I can't long distance without glasses and still blurry. I feel lost and can't see medicine or right size spoons. I am 63 and take care of my younger bedfast sister. Also surgeon said lens wasn't same size as my pupil. Thanks for advice. God Bless

• Posted

Your right eye operated on in November should be healed by now.  If your vision is still blurry you should make an appointment with your surgeon to find out why.

Was your vision after surgery ever clear?  Did you have a 6 week post op visit?   What explanations did your doctor give you for blurry vision.  If there are no underlying issues / complication from the surgery then ask him her her if there is any astigmatism or refractive error.   If you were fitted with glasses following surgery those should have corrected any errors in those.  Ask your opthamologist some pointed questions and get some answers.

• Posted

Thank you for your help. I have never had clear vision in the right eye after surgery. I can't see or talk to the surgeon he is out of state. The optamaloigist that set up my surgery. Keeps telling me it is fine. He said when I get my other lens for the left eye my brain will balance it out. I see flickering in both eyes they hurt but he said the flickering had nothing to do with my surgery. He did see a small white spot on my x ray of the eye. Buy then dismissed it. I should get my lens in a few days but that won't help right eye They are also dry but feel like watering Last night they were bothering me so bad I was going without my glasses most of the time but can't see. I think they might have fitted the right eye lens and left to soon. They put right one in 3 weeks after surgery same with fitting left one. Sorry to gone about this but I gave high blood pressure uncontrolled long term use of prednisone and shots for lungs and not seeing makes me nervous. Wish I would have not had it done or gone to better dr.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.