Can't seem to get over the 4 mg hump.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Looking for some advice/support.  I have been following this forum for about a year now - extremely helpful.  I started taking prednisone (15 mg) back in Feb 2012  and reduced down to 4 mg Mar. 2014.  Since then I have  tried 3 times to reduce to 3.5 mg. with no success.  The last 2 times using the reduction schedule from the forum.  This most recent attempt I got all the way to a full week at 3.5 mg, then one morning awaken with those same old pains rearing their ugly head again.  During the week of 3.5 mg I incurred a dog bite to the hand - very painful and put on amoxicillin/clavu for 10 days.  The return of the pmr pain happened almost to the day of ending the antibiotic.  I know this maybe just a coincidence and the relapse would have happened as it did the past two times.   What to do?  Go back to 4.0 and if so for how long before trying to reduce again.  Any suggestions?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Experienced same problems at 4 mg level Jo-Anne. Since then have followed the 1/7 regime where the dosage is reduced over a seven week period and have found this to be much more successful. May be worth a try ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.