Can't seem to help this.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Right I'm not sure what I have, I've had a history of anxiety and depression and I've managed to get over it pretty successfully. Depersonalizations, derealisation, I can't name them all but I've always come out the other end, but now I have no idea what's up with me, i get an unexplainable feeling, that just stops me, the worst thing is I can be happy and get this, I can function normally sometimes and still have this irritating feeling looming inside my head, I feel stupid telling my girlfriend although she is supportive.

as soon as I wake up in the morning I'm aware of this feeling, but I can't control it, then I think it's nothing which makes me panic because the thought of it bieng just the way I am is so stressful.

I don't know if it's helplessness, doubt, hopelessness but all I look forward to at night is sleeping, switching off but I get the anxiety of waking back up.

Im not over apexagerating, I've never been the type, all I want to do I wake up and not think about how I'm feeling I just want to be normal again.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was just recently diagnosed with anxiety wake up with that feeling and thought in my head tryvto remind myself imbok and not 2 worry so much but scared to really do anything all I look forward to is sleep at night as well
  • Posted

beware of a drug called p........n,  said not to be addictive, but I  am having really bad reaction to it, made me worse. some people  have contacted me and said they are ok with coming off and can stop instantly,I am struggling with numerous side effects, plus ones not in printed leaflet, I improve from abt 1900 onwards  then look forward to sleep,  but , which is restless, me not that type either , me,mother hen usually looking after everyone else,
  • Posted

Dave, how did you get over depersonalization?  I have that and just pretend that it's nothing. Yet, when I am not busy, I am very aware of the feeling of detachment, invisible,out of body, like I'm going to lose control, etc.  Is this how you are feeling now?
    • Posted

What you need to do is try and accept it, I know it seems very hard to and you feel very alone, I was on citalopram as I was depressed at the time and that seems to help me, I also thought that trying to keep busy made me worse sometimes as I was aware that the reason I was doing a certain hobby was to try and forget it so it kinda had me checking all the times to see if the hobby was helping, I don't know of this makes sense. My best advice is to keep reminding yourself that you are normal and it will pass, some times life bites us in the bottom, accepting it is the best cure, if it's giving you panic attacks then I recommend a small dowse of diazapam, it doesn't make youn feel different but your mind relaxes, It's not needed but can help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.