Can't seem to pee

Posted , 3 users are following.

pian and feel like I want to all the time,after having  Cather out

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

It's your urethra that's a little bit sore,,and maybe swollen, try and drink a lot .You will go and once it's flushed out you'll feel better.

Have you told the nurses?

• Posted

Thank you,I am drinking a lot of water now ,it is coming out slow ,is that right 
    • Posted

Your reply was spot on Laura. Exactly what I would have said 
    • Posted

Actually I think you did say similar, after I had posted I looked back on Christine's posts to see if she had posted when she had op, I just assumed she was still in hospital and catheter had just been removed.
    • Posted

I did Laura. I think we should write something for the Genitourinary home page because these are common problems.
    • Posted

I think that would be a good idea, although not everyone looks on the home page and sees the pinned posts.

Maybe you could combine a list of the most common problems after this type of procedure.

Posters could then read and be reassured before feeling they have to post a question, and not necessarily receive the correct information, especially during the night, when every problem is magnified.

A lot of ladies are so worried, when all that's needed is reassurance.

• Posted

Good idea. If you think of anything send a message to Alan the moderator for this website and I'll do the same. I do keep mentioning the Pinned Posts because Alan did ask me to so I keep dropping it into my messages when it's appropriate. Issues around the catheter are common following this surgery particularly as ladies are being discharged from hospital with one still in situ. Years ago that would never have happened because when I first started nursing women were in hospital for 2 weeks following a prolapse repair!!
  • Posted

This is a strange post. If you are in hospital speak to a member of staff if not speak to your GP. Do you mean catheter?
    • Posted

Yes I mean catheter,I did  pee after I  had the catheter out ,but finding it hard ,I am at home 
    • Posted

I responded to another post yesterday like yours and suggested sitting in a bidet of warm water or splashing warm water over the vulval area when on the loo.
    • Posted

Thank you I will try that ,I am drinking a lot of water ,so hopefully will go fully as it is coming out very slow 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.